State vehicle inspection

tdepol2

Uber wants me to upload vehicle inspection document but my state doesn’t require inspection. Uber support told me it’s because my account is registered to a state that does require the inspection. Does anyone know if I can have my car inspected in Massachusetts if it’s registered in Connecticut? Is I switch my account to Connecticut I will only be able to pick up in Connecticut

Attachments

reg barclay

Does anyone know if I can have my car inspected in Massachusetts if it’s registered in Connecticut?
I think the best thing would be to call a MA based mechanic that does inspections, and ask them. My guess is that ones closer to the MA/CT border are more likely to know about this.

If you have an Uber Greenlight Hub nearby, you could also try going there, they may be able to override it somehow.

tdepol2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the best thing would be to call a MA based mechanic that does inspections, and ask them. My guess is that ones closer to the MA/CT border are more likely to know about this.

If you have an Uber Greenlight Hub nearby, you could also try going there, they may be able to override it somehow.
Thanks I’m gonna call a inspection place tomorrow. The only Greenlight Hub close to me is only open on Monday’s .

Christinebitg

Uber wants me to upload vehicle inspection document but my state doesn’t require inspection. Uber support told me it’s because my account is registered to a state that does require the inspection. Does anyone know if I can have my car inspected in Massachusetts if it’s registered in Connecticut? Is I switch my account to Connecticut I will only be able to pick up in Connecticut
If your car is registered in a state that requires inspections, you have a legal requirement to go there and get it inspected.

Note that I didn't say you have a _Uber_ obligation. I think what you're doing is probably a violation of a state law.

Of course, that's easy for me to say, living 100 miles inside of state lines. It would be a real pisser to live next door to the next state and not be able to pick up there.

Christine

RoWode12

I am both relieved and terrified that my state requires no inspection, whatsoever.

How many uber/Lyft drivers are cruising around with bald tires, faulty brakes and a missing taillight? I have heard some horror stories from many pax.

henrygates

If it's registered in another state yup, you'll have to drive over and get the inspection.

But why can't you register it in the state you reside?

tdepol2

If it's registered in another state yup, you'll have to drive over and get the inspection.

But why can't you register it in the state you reside?
My car is registered in my state CT.. I registered my Uber account to western Massachusetts so I can pick up in all of New England. I found this inspection form from uber I’m gonna bring to mechanic and have it filled out and upload it to uber and see they accept it .

Attachments

reg barclay

If your car is registered in a state that requires inspections, you have a legal requirement to go there and get it inspected.
Their car is not registered in a state that requires inspections. However, they signed up to do Uber in their neighboring state (MA), which is the one that requires inspections.

My car is registered in my state CT.. I registered my Uber account to western Massachusetts so I can pick up in all of New England. I found this inspection form from uber I’m gonna bring to mechanic and have it filled out and upload it to uber and see they accept it .
Where did you get the form from? Unless Uber gave you it, I don't think it will help. When you upload a document, someone checks it, IMHO if it's not the exact thing they requested from you, they'll reject it, doesn't matter if it's similar, or whatever. It looks like the form you have is for an Uber inspection (which is required in some places), so if they're asking for proof of state inspection I can't see them accepting it.

tdepol2

Their car is not registered in a state that requires inspections. However, they signed up to do Uber in their neighboring state (MA), which is the one that requires inspections.

Where did you get the form from? Unless Uber gave you it, I don't think it will help. When you upload a document, someone checks it, IMHO if it's not the exact thing they requested from you, they'll reject it, doesn't matter if it's similar, or whatever. It looks like the form you have is for an Uber inspection (which is required in some places), so if they're asking for proof of state inspection I can't see them accepting it.
Oh ok I downloaded the form from uber . I guess I’ll have to wait and go to the Greenlight Hub when it’s open on Monday I have until July 31st to submit it or switch my Uber account to Connecticut .

reg barclay

Oh ok I downloaded the form from uber . I guess I’ll have to wait and go to the Greenlight Hub when it’s open on Monday I have until July 31st to submit it or switch my Uber account to Connecticut .
So let me get this right. Uber CT drivers cannot pick up in MA, but MA can pickup in CT?

Does anyone know if I can have my car inspected in Massachusetts if it’s registered in Connecticut?

To check whether Connecticut’s inspection has reciprocity with the Commonwealth, please contact our Customer Service Center at 1-844-358-0135.