State inspection

Gregatron

just moved out here from AZ so I have darker tint on my car then NC is cool with. Az only did emissions so it was never an issue but I want to fail the state inspection here and my plates expire soon. Can anyone suggest an inspection site that will overlook that sort of thing, preferably in the Huntersville/Cornelius area.
Thanks

surlywynch

I suggest calling a local tint guy. If you already failed inspection, you will have to pay for a new inspection if you don't take it back to the same station.

jbee

Tint in NC must allow a minimum of at least 35% of light in, for all windows with no reflective tint allowed. On trucks and SUV's, you can tint as dark as you like on all windows, with the exception of the windshield, and front 2 windows. If you have a medical condition, you are allowed to go darker with a waiver. The state will provide a decal, to visually notify LE, you have the waiver.

Curlylocks

I don't know anyone that will do that and if I did I wouldn't post it here. NC has really tightened up on that in the last few years. I suggest you bite the bullet, get your car inspected legally and make the required fix's

Gregatron

Honestly I didn't ask for a definition of the law or anyone's opinion on what I should do to my personal vehicle. I see cars all day that are blacked out far more than mine so I know there's a around it other than just keeping my az registration. Just looking anyone knows a shop that will overlook such a stupid rule.

NCHeel

There are a bunch that will. They charge as much as a tint job to look the other way. For $50 I can point you in the right direction. A lot of those dark window cars you see driving around remove and re-tint their windows every year. I think it's $10,000 fine and loss of inspection privileges to falsely pass a car. If you want to try to find one on your own look for a shop that speaks Spanish.