• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Start off...

Kenzzai

Hi all... I would to ask, as I know to start off we have to register at uber office as partner. Then we have to register online for a company under us. Find a rental company get the car log card and insurance and pass it to uber. After that they will do a background check for abt 7 days b4 we can start... Here the problem: when we got the log card and insurance from rental company mean that we have already start renting the car. But uber still need to ard 7days background check. What we gg to do wif this days?

I'm a newbie... But wanna to know more abt the starting stage... Thanks.

tipster73

Bro Kenzzai,

u dont have to wait for the check to be cleared. if u renting fr a uber partner, some of them allow u to come under their stable of drivers.According to the Uber rep, she says if u have prior criminal record it may be a good idea to discuss with them first. Assuming ur situation is not like wat i just mentioned, I suggest the following steps.

1. Call the list of car rental companies and negotiate for a car. Find out the various cost (admin fee, deposit, daily rental), lock in period amd model availability.
2. Once decided on which company and car model, tell them to hold for you.
3. Register a company on bizfile
4. Upload all ur avail docs such as driver licence, nric.
5. Try to collect ur car in the early part of the day so u can sign the declaration form, get the log card and insurance uploaded before heading to uber office.

in my case, my car rental company did the uploading of insurance and log card together with declaration at one go. they even helped me activate so i did not have to queue at uber again. so depends on luck.

hope this helps

Kenzzai

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bro Kenzzai,

u dont have to wait for the check to be cleared. if u renting fr a uber partner, some of them allow u to come under their stable of drivers.According to the Uber rep, she says if u have prior criminal record it may be a good idea to discuss with them first. Assuming ur situation is not like wat i just mentioned, I suggest the following steps.

1. Call the list of car rental companies and negotiate for a car. Find out the various cost (admin fee, deposit, daily rental), lock in period amd model availability.
5. Try to collect ur car in the early part of the day so u can sign the declaration form, get the log card and insurance uploaded before heading to uber office.

in my case, my car rental company did the uploading of insurance and log card together with declaration at one go. they even helped me activate so i did not have to queue at uber again. so depends on luck.

hope this helps
Thank Bro..!! That's really what I want to know. Really T.Y.V.M...

Xris

Bro Kenzzai,

hope this helps
Bro, kindly share with us which car rental you are using?