• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Standing Out At Night

JoyRydder432

I notice that pax are often very hesitant to approach at night (I have the standard decal).
I work the downtown area early mornings and it's a total pain to get my pax during surges.
A lot of times they can't tell a Benz from Prius. It's frustrating!

I've wanted to get one of those windshield led lights but they don't look that visible. Does
anyone make a roof mounted led sign? Why doesn't uber make one? Seems like that would
stand out more. I've never seen them, though. Anybody know?

Bpr2

I notice that pax are often very hesitant to approach at night (I have the standard decal).
I work the downtown area early mornings and it's a total pain to get my pax during surges.
A lot of times they can't tell a Benz from Prius. It's frustrating!

I've wanted to get one of those windshield led lights but they don't look that visible. Does
anyone make a roof mounted led sign? Why doesn't uber make one? Seems like that would
stand out more. I've never seen them, though. Anybody know?

UBER Taxi Top Light/ New Blue LED Roof UBER dome light 12V with Magnetic Base https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5V7QZ7/?tag=ubne0c-20

Nick781

I also don't use any trade dress and have zero problems.
Be assertive. Make eye contact. If they see you looking away from them then they assume you're not looking for someone.
I usually stop by them and let them check. They should always check. But I've been waving recently because I can be a dick and I realize that.