Stacking Lyft rides?

Uberchemist

Anyone else been getting additional Lyft rides stacked onto a current trip without asking? It's happened twice to me where after I drop off, the app says "navigating to pick up next ride". Both times the riders cancelled, probably because I sat there confused for 45 seconds. This kind of removes our ability to screen rides by not accepting. Most importantly, does anyone know how to toggle this off?

bigdaddy

They have been doing this for months now, following in Uber's footsteps. There is no way to specifically toggle it off. The only way to avoid it is to use the Last Ride feature on every trip. While on your current trip, tap the Online button. It will ask you to confirm that you want to log off after your current ride. This will prevent you from receiving any additional requests during your current ride, and will log you out after you drop off your current passenger. You can then log back in to receive requests normally.

Last edited:

PTUber

I like the Uber version which gives you the option of accepting the next trip or not. Lyft just gives it to you although I rarely get a Lyft stack because I just don't get enough requests from them. Bigdaddy is correct on how to shut it off.

Immortal

I prefer the way Uber does it as well. I can see the rating and accept/decline and have more control over the situation.

Uberchemist

They have been doing this for months now, following in Uber's footsteps. There is no way to specifically toggle it off. The only way to avoid it is to use the Last Ride feature on every trip. While on your current trip, tap the Online button. It will ask you to confirm that you want to log off after your current ride. This will prevent you from receiving any additional requests during your current ride, and will log you out after you drop off your current passenger. You can then log back in to receive requests normally.
Brilliant! Thanks

Skyplane

It's because Lyft doesn't have the navigation in the app like Uber does. It's too much app switching around already with Lyft and to do the jumping around while driving (with a pax) would obviously be very unsafe

jbourne84

On Wednesday, I filed a lengthy and detailed complaint about the stacking and swapping issues with Lyft driver support.

More so than the stacking issue, which is still annoying, I'm particularly peeved about Lyft swapping pax to one nearby without me accepting. For example, the other night I was navigating to a Lyft pickup at Augsburg college (a girl) and suddenly Lyft navigated me to Palmer's bar where I picked up a guy--one that I never tapped yes to. And on Wednesday I was navigating to pickup a guy near a park off of Franklin when suddenly I heard this faint "ding" and swapped back to the app to see that it was now navigating me to a different guy several blocks away. I canceled, went offline, and spent 30 min. on the phone with Lyft providing detailed accounts of both the swapping and the stacking issue.

Last edited:

Uberchemist

I've also had the switching of pax on my way to pick someone up. Mine was in my favor though because some dude 10 minutes away in Bloomington was replaced by a girl 2 minutes away at MSP (obviously I didn't mind). What was Lyft's response to your inquiry?

fairsailing

On Wednesday, I filed a lengthy and detailed complaint about the stacking and swapping issues with Lyft driver support.

More so than the stacking issue, which is still annoying, I'm particularly peeved about Lyft swapping pax to one nearby without me accepting. For example, the other night I was navigating to a Lyft pickup at Augsburg college (a girl) and suddenly Lyft navigated me to Palmer's bar where I picked up a guy--one that I never tapped yes to. And on Wednesday I was navigating to pickup a guy near a park off of Franklin when suddenly I heard this faint "ding" and swapped back to the app to see that it was now navigating me to a different guy several blocks away. I canceled, went offline, and spent 30 min. on the phone with Lyft providing detailed accounts of both the swapping and the stacking issue.

Thanks for spending the time with support. There has been a dramatic increase in slamming riders onto drivers who are going to pickup a rider that they have accepted, even with "Last Ride" selected. 2016, never happened, 1st half of 2017 maybe once every couple of hundred rides, now happening once every 20 rides or so, so at least weekly for me. So far I am not cancelling, but I park far enough away so I can evaluate the rider as they are walking to my car with my finger on the cancel button.

These slammed riders appear to be ok, they maybe using a filter that doesn't give you a lower rated rider than you agreed to pickup. However there is an utter lack of transparency here that once again belies Lyft's lack of concern for driver welfare. If support responds with anything meaningful, please share, and thanks again.

Last edited:

Lyft is getting busier and y'all are complaining..

Busier is fine, but we still should have the option to NOT accept when a trip is 15 freakin' minutes away to pickup. As it is we have to cancel if it's not a trip we want, which does have some repercussions.

It's highly doubtful and probably an exaggeration that you are getting stacked rides 15 minutes away.

Busier is fine, but we still should have the option to NOT accept when a trip is 15 freakin' minutes away to pickup. As it is we have to cancel if it's not a trip we want, which does have some repercussions.

It's highly doubtful and probably an exaggeration that you are getting stacked rides 15 minutes away.

How about if I said "10-15 min away". It happens. I don't get a lot of stacked Lyft requests compared to Uber, but it does happen and they can be longer than I normally accept. The point is, we should have the option to ignore the stacked request instead of it being dumped on us as if we were employees.

Trav66

I was at the airport and got a ping for the new hotel in downtown wayzata. 25 minute drive.

No, I passed and stayed at the airport

Uberchemist

I agree with you, its always great to have high demand. I just think it's odd that they force you to cancel instead of not accepting in the first place a passenger with a crappy rating or some other red flag. I love Lyft (they give you the whole $5 for a cancellation and still only take around 20% of the fare, whereas Uber takes at least 50% everytime these days and only gives $3.60 for a cancellation) but this seems odd no?

AlexCom

I'm not seeing it.
Lyft pick up in Rockford .
Definitely not expected
Screenshot_2017-09-26-08-48-43.jpg