Stacked rides

kah5683

I like having ride after ride, however, I wonder if I would be better off checking what is going on first between rides as far as surges, so I know better what to accept or not. Tonight I wouldn't do more than 2 stacked, then come up for air to see what's going on. Is there a better way to handle?

northsider87

I like having ride after ride, however, I wonder if I would be better off checking what is going on first between rides as far as surges, so I know better what to accept or not. Tonight I wouldn't do more than 2 stacked, then come up for air to see what's going on. Is there a better way to handle?

usually, when i get a stacked ride, the surge is about to go up again. i always ignore those since i have my phone with me to check if there’s a higher surge.

i’ve gotten a stacked ride pinging me with a 1.6, ignored it. turned out i’m in the middle of a 2.0 surge. got one immediately after. made my night.

it’s sometimes worth it to have two phones, but if you cancel, you’re running the risk of getting a lower surge. sometimes, uber screws you if you’re trying to game the system.

cancel at your own risk.

UberBeemer

Uber isn't smart enough to play such games. It's a good idea to take a quick break after a few stacked rides and open the rider app to check for activity and driver density. Just make sure you're pulled over safely. And ignoring a ride is your choice. It won't show as a cancel. They might give you a time-out. But you can get right back online.

Lastly, don't let the pursuit of the perfect surge screw you out of a perfectly good surge. I'd take the 1.6 and be grateful. Chasing surges is a fool's errand. You want to focus on keeping the backseat warm.

outlier

i had stacked rides once, and naive me kept accepting them, one after another in evanston while the city turned bloody red.

pizza guy

Stacked rides depend when and where you are. They are also a gamble. If you turn one down you may log off and find a lower surge 5 minutes later. Or you may get another stacked request at a higher or lower surge.
One thing I learned during a snowstorm last winter was that if a stacked ride cancels before you drop off your current rider you still get the cancellation fee. That may have changed but I made a ton of money off it.