Uber Drivers Forum banner

Stacked Pings

873 views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Uber48208 
#1 ·
For as many ways as Lyft tries to be like Uber, they like to copy the worst features. I actually wish they would offer stacked pings.

#3 ·
Interesting.

#9 ·
They do offer them but you have to be on a Line ride for them to happen (which means not here in Vegas...).

I would love them too, especially since unlike Uber, Lyft has the nifty 'last ride' feature.
Interestingly, Uber just started a last ride feature here in Savannah where there is no Pool.

Reactions: Uber48208
#10 ·
I am in DC. We have Uber stack, I haven't had a Lyft stack yet. I just realized why Uber does stacked pings, and you guys probably know this already. I drive for both like most of us and I think Uber stacks the rides so we can't switch on Lyft between rides and pick up Lyft riders.

#11 ·
Uber stacked their pings long before Lyft came to town. I like just about everything about stacked pings EXCEPT that when a rider opens their app and it says that the nearest driver is 15 minutes away, but you have a pax that you're about to drop off, suddenly that 15 minutes becomes 5 minutes away and they may not be ready.

I ended up having to wait nearly 15 minutes for the guy to be ready, but it was an airport run. Almost not worth it, but it panned out.

99% of the time, though, it works out well.

#13 ·
I don't think anyone correlated Pool to Stacked pings. I mentioned that Uber just recently started adding a destination filter for drivers here, but that's usually a function that is part of the Pool technology. Since we don't have UberPool in Savannah, I'm sort of surprised that I got an option to set my destination filter when I logged out.

#15 ·
I had what I believe you're referring to as a "stacked ping" today. My phone made a weird ding-ding sound just before I arrived to drop off a LINE passenger. After I submitted his 5 stars, the Lyft app reappeared with Elaine's name on it. I hit the navigation icon and was on my way to pick up Elaine...just 2 minutes away. She was part of a group of 4. That ride was a regular Lyft. Not LINE.

#16 ·
Yes. Makes it nice not having to wait between pings...unless you have to pee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.