ST KILDA ROAD No CARS NO Surge at 16:00- Really !!!!

LevelX

Hmm I was looking at the rain coming and wondering if a surge will happen tonight and should I head out in to it....

But no sign of any surge at all out there and it's nearly 4.35pm and raining, I doubt it's going to be worth getting up then based on this.

So has the surge model changed again!?

Screenshot_20160705-163119.png

laureb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
God knows- Am very concerned that in the next few weeks, we won't even see a surge on Friday Nights Saturdays and Sundays.

Its getting harder and harder. If I do not make a gross of a min $ 35 / h, I think betting getting out. Will see how it goes this week end

LevelX

Well I braved it in... after 15mins of sitting and waiting , finally starting to see a bit of surge appear near me.

Now to chase it a few blocks over or wait for it to come to me. That is the question!

I always love it how park lands surge the highest.... the golf course, 9th tee must be pumping going by Uber surge.

laureb

image.png
image.png
Funny no surge at all last Friday but on anTuesday night the whole city and south eastern suburbs on full surge . Am scratching my head . Are there so many people looking for Uber on a Tuesday .
2 minutes down the track all surges disappeared .WTF . really .
Cannot explain .

Last edited:

ScottieB

I have a holiday house at Inverloch which is 11k past Wonthaggi, 2 hour drive from Melbourne. When we go down there I log on for interest and guess what the whole Inverloch is surging 1.5 to 1.9, a few times I have asked a Uber mate if he sees a surge on his app in that area, he relies NO every time, but I see it. By the way I'm the only car on in that area and never ever get a request down there

laureb

I have a holiday house at Inverloch which is 11k past Wonthaggi, 2 hour drive from Melbourne. When we go down there I log on for interest and guess what the whole Inverloch is surging 1.5 to 1.9, a few times I have asked a Uber mate if he sees a surge on his app in that area, he relies NO every time, but I see it. By the way I'm the only car on in that area and never ever get a request down there
I believe you . Example if you try to pull towards SA or NSW or WA or QLD Gold Coast you won't see any surge on your heat map . I think Uber controls that

joffie

My ex housemate has a holiday house in Inverloc. I was thinking of going online down there and hope to score a trip lol. We no longer talk hehe.