1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Sprint in hampton roads?

Discussion in 'Hampton Roads' started by cadillacmike, Sep 12, 2015.

1. cadillacmike

cadillacmike New Member

Wandering who has sprint and what they think about the service with uber. Currently I am using Verizon and it is eating my data like a fat girl in a candy store, (no offense to the bigger girls out there). So if you have sprint and work the hampton road streets I would like to hear your thoughts about it.

Thanks!

2. HR_tdi

HR_tdi Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I drive on the south side using ATT on an IPhone 5s. I use about .75Gb per month and I drive about 30 hrs per week. This phone is on it's own line and is only used for uber. Coverage is excellent nearly everywhere on the southside with a few spots in south VB that go 4G sporadically. Phone is paid for and added to my plan for only $15 a month.

3. PilotJ

PilotJ New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Unlimited Data on Sprint now. Plus you can get a 20% discount utilizing your uber benefits.

4. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    for existing customers? If so how...

Fernblatt likes this.
  5. Ki-Tarn

Ki-Tarn New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm still grandfathered in with Verizon's unlimited 4g and I mean completely unlimited not that silly 1 or 2 gigs at 4g and the rest at 3g or slower. Got it back when they were installing the 4g upgrades a couple years ago while I was driving a truck and it was my primary data so I keep ignoring their offers to reup my plan.

6. Sub Guy

Sub Guy Active Member

I use sprint and I have unlimited data so I couldn't tell you how much I eat up.....glad I don't have to track and worry about it.

Fernblatt likes this.
  7. Ubergoober757

Ubergoober757 New Member

I use Verizon and while I'm aware they have data plans vice unlimited data, I have never had a problem with data or connection. I know I don't have the minimum or maximum GB package, somewhere in the middle.... And, my wife Uber drives on the same combined GB plan. I think that's the Verizon advantage, the whole red map reality. Or, Verizon has me believing they do have an advantage... I would love to switch to Sprint, etc and pay half of what I pay for Verizon but I am jaded from past no-service issues with AT&T and don't want to take the risk. Maybe if some real research/proof existed or more of you guys chimed in (positively), I would consider it.

8. Parrothead

Parrothead New Member

Id go with T-Mobile... much lower price... better service.. better speeds.. they also have a device you can plug into your computer port to track mileage and give wifi to your passengers!

Fernblatt likes this.
  9. Fernblatt

Fernblatt Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Indeed. If anyone knows, please share with the rest of the class.

10. DaveDaDriver

DaveDaDriver New Member

I use Consumer Cellular. I signed up through AARP for a 5 percent discount. It runs through AT&T. My phone, and wife's apple something or other phone, runs about $57 per month. I drive 25 to 30 hours a week. If i use more data than my plans allows, it automatically adjusts the plan, raises the price $10 for the month, and then i drop it back down when the month ends.