• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Spring Training ride surge

Jdemonto

Man, I had the best non holiday Wednesday ever! All business people on XL, I made more working less hours than I made last Friday night!

Tons of great airport runs and sky harbor was just packed most of the day! I hope I can repeat this tonight

Pro Tip: There's a convention downtown 3000 people 02/23

Attachments

Kaliman

Man, I had the best non holiday Wednesday ever! All business people on XL, I made more working less hours than I made last Friday night!

Tons of great airport runs and sky harbor was just packed most of the day! I hope I can repeat this tonight

I respect you Jdemonto but $272/50 with No Surge is not impressive to me. It just means a lot of driving for cheap (even if it is XL rates)

Ditto to you both. It was just a 100 bucks but was easy and no hassle plus 25 in tips!
Once again. $105 with No Surge just means you drove a lot. I am not impressed. With a nice surge you can make the same in one trip, that is impressive.

CarterPeerless

I
I respect you Jdemonto but $272/50 with No Surge is not impressive to me. It just means a lot of driving for cheap (even if it is XL rates)

Once again. $105 with No Surge just means you drove a lot. I am not impressed. With a nice surge you can make the same in one trip, that is impressive.
Nearly $30 an hour gross XL and $20+ gross on X is pretty good in my book. It's short lived, but hey, enjoy the good times.

fuberishy

Kaliman damn..hate much? I don't think either Jdemonto or TakinItUpWithUber care whether you are impressed or not.

They were simply stating they had a decent day/night. AND GOOD FOR THEM!!

What the f*ck is your issue? you jealous of other drivers or something? why be so negative towards any driver who mention they had a good day?

how about leaving a comment saying "awesome", or "good for you", or even "nice job"....otherwise shut your face. this isn't a contest, it's a means for people to make money.

Blackcab

Covention has 3800 hospice workers. Very nice people but are all in downtown phoenix hotels. Very short runs in traffic. Took a lot of those yesterday none more than 6 bucks even with surge.

AZAV8R

I'm sitting at the Salt Lake City airport right now waiting for my 3 hour delayed flight home to PHX. I tried to get on any other Delta flight, Southwest, or American, BUT all flights are full. Welcome to Spring Training! I see lots of folks in the boarding lounge with me wearing their team hats.

TakinItUpWithUber

$105 with No Surge just means you drove a lot.
Not really dude. It was an easy 4 1/2 hours yesterday. Out of those 6 quick trips - 2 were stacked and 2 were rematched airports. Since I'm driving Veyo @ 1.15 don't mind now doing non surge trips at 1.30 plus possible tips. It's a no brainer. Use to be a surge only driver but I've made it work for me on MY terms. And I'm still able to make my nut every month! :smiles:.

Kaliman damn..hate much? I don't think either Jdemonto or TakinItUpWithUber care whether you are impressed or not.

What the f*ck is your issue? you jealous of other drivers or something? why be so negative towards any driver who mention they had a good day?

how about leaving a comment saying "awesome", or "good for you", or even "nice job"....otherwise shut your face. this isn't a contest, it's a means for people to make money.
I'm just excited that our season is here!!

ACHUMA

Good thing you got that extra 94 cents.

Dude, get real. Almost nobody is making $105 on one f**king ride.

Kaliman

No Hate or Envy in my heart. I've stated here in this forum a few times before that I Highly respect Jdemontos comments because he provides good believable and solid comments. Also, no bad feelings toward TakingItUpWithUber and no bad feelings for you fuberishy or Achuma.

Here is the reason why I commented the way I did:

Uber has been saying for the longest (even the new Uber President guy) that all that the drivers want to be happy is to "stay busy" and that is why Uber decreases the rates so that we will "make more money".

The drivers like me (I try do drive Surge only) feel that the low rates need to be higher for us to make acceptable money. In other words, being happy about making hundreds of dollars at current regular rates with no surge plays right into Uber's argument that the rates can be lowered even more because we just want to be busy.

That is the reason for my comment. I strongly feel that the rates need to be higher than today's.

Chauffeur_James

They are right now so get out there an earn! I did very well last night and hope to do better today!

Last night:

Fares - $224
Tips - $49
Total - $273

I'll take that every day

RenderedContent-0129127C-A77D-4954-8E4B-880BF71F1D42.JPG
RenderedContent-F05ACF97-2637-4586-8C78-1E5F04A75160.JPG
RenderedContent-858F6ADE-0732-44B3-B9A8-D62A8A3F56BB.JPG

RzrFan

Showing pics of 6x surge yet ur surge pay was 9.49??? Crazy man

Nice on the tips man. Lots of cheap @@@@s out there. I delivered 47 bags of groceries to a old lady. 6-7 trips from my ride to her house. Barely 5 buck tip. Did 2 more food delivery back to back. No tips. I won't do delivery again.

I had a very good trip like 2 weeks ago, near downtown to north peoria with 3.9 surge.
No luck with something nice this week though.

Attachments

Chauffeur_James

Nice on the tips man. Lots of cheap &%$@!*s out there. I delivered 47 bags of groceries to a old lady. 6-7 trips from my ride to her house. Barely 5 buck tip. Did 2 more food delivery back to back. No tips. I won't do delivery again.
I was home by that point and too tired to go back out. I always do well in tips since I added this little number!
IMG_0305.JPG

ACHUMA

Really? I have done in the past 3 months 7 rides that were over $100
Ah yes of course, there he is. I knew the Clownimal would eventually pop into this thread with his "$400 a day average".

Yes of course you have, we all believe you. And lemme guess, each one of those rides also tipped you $50-$100 in cash because PAX love you & your minivan so very much yes?

:rolleyes:

Kaliman

I had a very good trip like 2 weeks ago, near downtown to north peoria with 3.9 surge.
No luck with something nice this week though.
This is very, very nice. CONGRATULATIONS!

Nice on the tips man. Lots of cheap &%$@!*s out there. I delivered 47 bags of groceries to a old lady. 6-7 trips from my ride to her house. Barely 5 buck tip. Did 2 more food delivery back to back. No tips. I won't do delivery again.
EXACTLY! If the surges are so high and I only make $9.49 in surge money something is really messed up!

Chauffeur_James

This is very, very nice. CONGRATULATIONS!

EXACTLY! If the surges are so high and I only make $9.49 in surge money something is really messed up!
I really doubt people are actually taking a 6x ride here in Phoenix. We still have a lot of cab companies, and upfront pricing probably killed any chance of people actually taking that trip because now they know how much it will cost them, so they either wait for the price to go down or they take a cab

AZAV8R

I really doubt people are actually taking a 6x ride here in Phoenix. We still have a lot of cab companies, and upfront pricing probably killed any chance of people actually taking that trip because now they know how much it will cost them, so they either wait for the price to go down or they take a cab
.......And they're not even taking 3.5X surge rides. I sat right next to Sloan Park as the game ended today and it was 3.5 for a good 10-15 mins and not one hit. I watched it drop slowly and then finally hit the boost of 1.5 and immediately got a ride....