Speed stats

mchal4

hi guys, dumb question, does uber hand more pings to faster drivers or is it always about proximity to restaurant/passenger ? thanks

Iamfoodgod

Lately a new Japanese restaurant started in my town close to my favorite spot. Now I'm getting almost all my orders from them 1 min away. Saw this a while ago so I started parking 1 min away from other places and got pretty good results. I would only recommend this if the restaurants are popular and at good times. Ex: BBQ places around dinner, high end Mexican restaurants 4-9pm etc. McDonald's always seems popular so you'll get those throughout the day.

Some days I stand next to Kabob place and Dickies, someday by the Japanese place. If you are going to try and pick your restaurants they best be popular, can not say this enough.

Rickos69

People, I saw another thread here that concluded that if you are sitting in a resto's parking lot, you will NOT get pinged for them. So what is it?

AtomicBlonde

People, I saw another thread here that concluded that if you are sitting in a resto's parking lot, you will NOT get pinged for them. So what is it?
That is definitely not true. I get a LOT of pings where I just say okay, get out of the car, and walk in the door.

If you thumb up a restaurant you’re more likely to get deliveries too, or so I’ve heard from a restaurant operator.
I do suspect either this, or that they keep track of what places you pick up at all the time and which ones you accept pings from even if you’re a little far away. I think I’m getting preferential treatment for pings from a few places. When I’m 10 minutes from one of my favorite pickups, and I’m not seeing ANY other 10-minute pings, but I’m getting them from that one place or two places I usually am in several times per night, with minimum guarantees, it seems a little suspicious, for example.

I got a $13 minimum ping last night from one of my regular restaurants, 4 miles away, and the fare supplement ended up being like $3.50. And the order wasn’t old. No way I was the closest driver.

CZ75

It's untrue in my experience. I've even been highway driving at 80mph and get pinged to a restaurant that I'm flying by; 200 ft to the right. I remember that example quite vividly because a) the food was ready and b) was one of my best deliveries to date.

yorker

I often get pinged to the place where I am sitting in the lot or across the street. So many places close so if not that place then another one close hopefully.

Hot Suomi

I just received 2 pings from shopping mall which is 10 minutes driving away and hard to find parking space.

Rickos69

One thing I have noticed.
There are days that i get 3-4 deliveries for the same restaurants, and then they just disappear for 3-4 days.
Its almost like the pings I get are in restaurant groups.
I really doubt that a restaurant gets a bunch of UE orders one day and then nothing for 3-4 days.
anyone else notice strange ping patterns?

tohunt4me

So if we thumbs up everything except McDonald's well be less likely to get McDonald's? :rolleyes:
No.
You will get mc donalds anyway.

One thing I have noticed.
There are days that i get 3-4 deliveries for the same restaurants, and then they just disappear for 3-4 days.
Its almost like the pings I get are in restaurant groups.
I really doubt that a restaurant gets a bunch of UE orders one day and then nothing for 3-4 days.
anyone else notice strange ping patterns?
Uber HATES to allow Drivers to have REPEAT CUSTOMERS.

IT FORMS BONDING & ATTACHMENTS.

UBER WANTS ROBOTS TO BE THE " FACE OF UBER"

Not YOU !

This is the REASON for your odd patterns.
People are creatures of habit.
Comfort Food.
Repeat Orders.

Uber DEHUMANIZES YOU BY DESIGN.