Space Needle turn around

Logger

So the space needle turn around now says valet only. Can we still use it? Or are we supposed to just stop in the middle of Broad Street and wait for tourists to come to us?

AnfieldRiot

Not trying to be snarky but those signs have been there all summer. Pick up/drop off, no problem, just no stopping and waiting.

Logger

It seems like they have been placed in a more prevalent spot, or it took me all summer to notice them. That's a distinct possibility.

Peter Vann

I regularly let off / pick up riders there. But I don't drive around. Instead I back up & do a u-turn. To get out.

dimwit_driver

The signs have always been there, but since they've started construction they've moved them up front. Excepting a particular party where the host picked up all the Uber/Lyft tabs it's been my experience that the valets here are often jerks. I've even had customers comment on this. This does not deter me from picking up/dropping off here; did it last night.

heynow321

i've gotten the stink eye from a few of the 17 year old bros that work there but they've never done anything. come at me bro.

AnfieldRiot

I pulled in, parked in between two valet signs, and while waiting on my pax, I picked up my tablet and surfed UberPeople.net

Respect their game, we aren't entitled to every piece of asphalt in this city. So many places to park and wait that are right next to the needle without having to get in their way...regardless if it's busy for them or not.

The Ghost of Travis

I was through there today after dropping once off at front of the street but was pinged inside the circle. The kid was cool about it but asked me to pull all the way from and wait at the end.

mark_mark

Respect their game, we aren't entitled to every piece of asphalt in this city. So many places to park and wait that are right next to the needle without having to get in their way...regardless if it's busy for them or not.
Space Needle to Ferris Wheel, Fertis Wheel to Needle, and always packed tight

Smashup

Okay, where do you pick up your riders at the Space Needle if not in the circle?

I've seen it fill up sure, but I always pull in at least to the driveway. Where are you stopping?

awtprod

Okay, where do you pick up your riders at the Space Needle if not in the circle?

I've seen it fill up sure, but I always pull in at least to the driveway. Where are you stopping?

I’ve always done pickups/drop offs on John street. No complaints from pax and easy in and out.

RedANT

LOL @ reading "valet only" signs. The guy there today seemed like he was intentionally blocking my car, so I "accidentally" beeped my horn right behind him. I think he shit himself. heh

AnfieldRiot

Depends on the traffic. 4th in front of Komo is my first option, then stay right and swing over to John (between 4th & 5th). If nothing then swing right and around to the 7-11 lot or Key Park lot & call (drive around the block).

Smashup

I let the tier of service decide whether or not I fight that loop.

Makes sense, but additionally makes sense since I doubt the Dex mobile as fine a luxury ride as it is, has the maneuverability of my inhale, squeeze in, and let's all get to know each other compact.

I don't think I've ever really been stuck in that loop. And yes, I am the jerk who drops off at the entry to the driveway and then U turns right there and I'm outta there.

PartyRepair

D7465BBE-8F34-49C2-8F3F-1C3BE1929E4B.jpeg
When it’s super, crazy busy over there, I’ll park in the little alley behind Cafe Bee and call the Pax and tell them to meet me at the tiny blue coffee shack, directly across the street from the needle. Then I walk over, grab the pax, and show them to the car. From there, it’s pretty easy to head whichever direction is most efficient for getting to their destination.
9453DB30-9A33-4FE2-B721-CE7E3964D548.jpeg

Last edited: