Sort of sad Uber story about my pax with 6 DUIs

Young Kim

Had a pax, last ride of the night, pickup around Lincoln Ave and Austin Ave in Morton Grove, IL. Destination was a factory by O'Hare airport. Again, once I develop a solid rapport, I ask gently about their lives (if it seems that they wish to share). She seemed totally normal (affable, funny) and said she takes an Uber often. When I asked if she drives, she replied that she has gotten 6...yes 6...DUIs. But she is still driving! She cannot drive now because of an accident which totaled her car. It was by a bar, and she destroyed her car. The car was her brother's who let her use it (even though she had no driver's license). After the accident, she turned the corner and took off running by foot. She said it did NOT involve another car, so there was nobody around. The next day, the car was impounded and her brother took the blame and notified police. He said the car was totaled, and he had no phone or way to call the towing place, so he walked home. The pax (his sister), said she was drinking, so that is why she fled the accident scene.

She seemed to be in her mid to late forties, and said she developed a drinking problem as a teenager. And one after another, she got those DUIs. I wished to share this because this is probably the biggest number I had heard of. I have had a couple say that they got two DUIs, and after the 2nd they learned their lesson well. But she said her drinking issue was just so difficult, that the problem spanned decades. And naturally after the 2nd, she started to do some jail time. We both didn't think that a judge would ever let her get her license back. She said that once she gets a new car, she may continue to risk driving, but I advised her not to. Especially with her history, I am worried that if she is caught driving again (since she has no driver's license), it may mean instant jail time.

I hoped she took my advice. She had no kids or husband... She was quite nice and tipped me $5 in cash at the end, in part because I gave her a light for her cigarette that she desperately wanted to smoke before she started her shift. I remember the end of the ride was funny because I accidentally drove onto a lawn instead of the roundabout where her factory door entrance was, and she laughed so much and remarked that the security guard will likely tease her (and me her Uber driver), for making such a mistake (it was hard to distinguish the grass from the driveway at the time). Anyhow, I was shocked that my pax didn't learn after say the second DUI. I noted to myself that a lot of Uber rides at night are selected from drivers without licenses.

AvisDeene

I don't feel sorry for her. She is extremely irresponsible and selfish. She had many chances to stop, and from the sound of things, she doesn't plan to. What is she going to do if she kills someone while she is behind the wheel?

I understand addictions are difficult to break, God knows I have them, but there comes a time when one has to say enough is enough. For her sake and the sake of an innocent driver/pedastrian, I hope her next accident involves her rear ending a police car and she gets locked up.

NicFit

She probably won’t listen to you, six dui’s isn’t a person that will stop, she just wrecked a car and still wants to drive illegally, it’s only a matter of time. Only way she won’t get another dui is if she quits drinking, hopefully she doesn’t take someone out first but she will get time when she is caught

6520C63E-555C-4304-B987-4F8192E66F17.jpeg

Kings-Full

When I was on ships I had 2 months off at a time and lots of money in the bank. When I wasn't traveling abroad I would hang at a local watering hole in the Dallas area.

One day I'm there about 2 p.m. with a large group of regulars. One of which was a chick that was most often half in the bag.

The subject of a recent tragedy came up. A few days before a young couple with 3 young children decided to visit relatives in Houston. They decide that the best way to handle the drive with 3 young children is to drive down very early in the morning so the kids will sleep the majority of the time. So that's what they do.

At ~ 3 a.m., an hour south of Dallas on I-45 they are hit head on by a drunk driver with no lights on traveling in the wrong lane. The entire family is killed and the drunk driver walks away.

As we're discussing this the 'chic' say's "Well, they had no business being on the road at 3 a.m. with young children. ( referring to the family.)

There's a stunned silence amongst the rest of us until someone asks "Are you serious?". And she responds "Yes". And she was serious.

This is what we're fighting against. People that can rationalize their actions while finding fault with others regardless of the facts.

tohunt4me

Had a pax, last ride of the night, pickup around Lincoln Ave and Austin Ave in Morton Grove, IL. Destination was a factory by O'Hare airport. Again, once I develop a solid rapport, I ask gently about their lives (if it seems that they wish to share). She seemed totally normal (affable, funny) and said she takes an Uber often. When I asked if she drives, she replied that she has gotten 6...yes 6...DUIs. But she is still driving! She cannot drive now because of an accident which totaled her car. It was by a bar, and she destroyed her car. The car was her brother's who let her use it (even though she had no driver's license). After the accident, she turned the corner and took off running by foot. She said it did NOT involve another car, so there was nobody around. The next day, the car was impounded and her brother took the blame and notified police. He said the car was totaled, and he had no phone or way to call the towing place, so he walked home. The pax (his sister), said she was drinking, so that is why she fled the accident scene.

She seemed to be in her mid to late forties, and said she developed a drinking problem as a teenager. And one after another, she got those DUIs. I wished to share this because this is probably the biggest number I had heard of. I have had a couple say that they got two DUIs, and after the 2nd they learned their lesson well. But she said her drinking issue was just so difficult, that the problem spanned decades. And naturally after the 2nd, she started to do some jail time. We both didn't think that a judge would ever let her get her license back. She said that once she gets a new car, she may continue to risk driving, but I advised her not to. Especially with her history, I am worried that if she is caught driving again (since she has no driver's license), it may mean instant jail time.

I hoped she took my advice. She had no kids or husband... She was quite nice and tipped me $5 in cash at the end, in part because I gave her a light for her cigarette that she desperately wanted to smoke before she started her shift. I remember the end of the ride was funny because I accidentally drove onto a lawn instead of the roundabout where her factory door entrance was, and she laughed so much and remarked that the security guard will likely tease her (and me her Uber driver), for making such a mistake (it was hard to distinguish the grass from the driveway at the time). Anyhow, I was shocked that my pax didn't learn after say the second DUI. I noted to myself that a lot of Uber rides at night are selected from drivers without licenses.
Shes looking at 10 years plus for another D.W I.

20 TO LIFE IF SOMEONE IS KILLED.

YOU CAN GET 10 YEARS FOR A 4TH D.W.I.
Post automatically merged:

If she has 6 DUIs (assuming convictions here)

That means she's driven drunk 100s if not 1000s of times.

It's sickening to hear this shit.
SHE DID IT WITHOUT A LICENSE !
TOTALED HER BROTHERS CAR !

SHE DOES NOT LEARN !

AFTER 6 CONVICTIONS !

tohunt4me

She probably won’t listen to you, six dui’s isn’t a person that will stop, she just wrecked a car and still wants to drive illegally, it’s only a matter of time. Only way she won’t get another dui is if she quits drinking, hopefully she doesn’t take someone out first but she will get time when she is caught

View attachment 507617
AFTER 5 ITS NOT A " MISTAKE"

ITS A HABIT !

HER BROTHER IS A CRIMINAL ACCOMPLACE !

( AND AN ENABLER)

mbd

Was she hot?

mbd

Was she hot?
Hot and 6 DUI’s- judge will just let it go
Not hot and 1 DUI- 20 years in jail :smiles:

Hot and 6 DUI’s- judge will just let it go
Not hot and 1 DUI- 20 years in jail :smiles:
It’s like the cops, hot chick will not get a ticket when pulled over :smiles: They will just stop the hottie and just check them out , but no ticket.

Last edited:

Fuzzyelvis

I have a friend who was almost killed by a drunk driver over 30 years ago. Severe brain damage. He's still and will always be 50 IQ points south of where he was, not to mention the physical issues.

I hope the next time she drives drunk she runs into a pole and kills herself. That way she won't get more opportunities to kill/@@@@ up someone else.

When I was on ships I had 2 months off at a time and lots of money in the bank. When I wasn't traveling abroad I would hang at a local watering hole in the Dallas area.

One day I'm there about 2 p.m. with a large group of regulars. One of which was a chick that was most often half in the bag.

The subject of a recent tragedy came up. A few days before a young couple with 3 young children decided to visit relatives in Houston. They decide that the best way to handle the drive with 3 young children is to drive down very early in the morning so the kids will sleep the majority of the time. So that's what they do.

At ~ 3 a.m., an hour south of Dallas on I-45 they are hit head on by a drunk driver with no lights on traveling in the wrong lane. The entire family is killed and the drunk driver walks away.

As we're discussing this the 'chic' say's "Well, they had no business being on the road at 3 a.m. with young children. ( referring to the family.)

There's a stunned silence amongst the rest of us until someone asks "Are you serious?". And she responds "Yes". And she was serious.

This is what we're fighting against. People that can rationalize their actions while finding fault with others regardless of the facts.
There's a few families that have been taken out by drunk drivers in Houston. Some places crosses have been put up for the dead. I used to pass one intersection all the time where there are SEVEN crosses for the family that was wiped out.

I read years ago that on an average Saturday night here about 1 in 4 drivers was likely legally drunk. I imagine now that so many drivers are rideshare drivers that's no longer true, but there are still plenty out there.

Last edited: