Something's up

jvegas

Getting a ping is like pulling teeth tonight. Uber is manipulating something to keep you from making garauntee. Never seen nothing like this in in jeopardy of not making it. I don't trust uber.

eclipse3256

Maybe cuz there's 5+ uber drivers per block in every shore town. This is absolutely ridiculous. I turned on my rider app and it's like a ant farm. True story. Don't take my word for it look for yourself.

jonnyplastic

Getting 1 ping per hour is not too easy. You have to really position yourself well and get lucky. Shit is bananas!

Gause22SHU

No offense but you suck if you can't get more than 1 trip per hour. Don't position yourself next to 5 other drivers if you want pings. Or better yet don't drive the shore it you don't know the area

chevelle454

Well I know the shore and there's a hell of a lot of drivers out here. And I'm staying away from the hot spots I'll make my guarantees .But even the dead spots have drivers cruising looking for hits gonna be a interesting summer

SurgeorSuckit

I got my rides in somehow. From 4-6 i had 0 pings in belmar and was starting to worry. Never seen so many uber cars before. Went to pt pleasant and got my 1st ride and was able to take it from there. I did more residential rides then bar rides.

jvegas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No offense but you suck if you can't get more than 1 trip per hour. Don't position yourself next to 5 other drivers if you want pings. Or better yet don't drive the shore it you don't know the area
I guess I suck, no offense taken. I actually completed 12 trips with 10 hours on line, so I made it. I'm guilty of manipulating my completed trip count though, I asked a Pax to give me 2 rides for 1, he agreed, in exchange I ended his second trip early and drove him free. I don't think I did anything wrong, Uber can,t prove anything, there's no rule saying you cant have the same Pax back to back trips. I didn't even need to do that, I ended up with 2 extra trips, but I was getting paranoid, time was running out and I was always one trip behind. I was desperate.

They will catch it if you request yourself and disqualify you for the period
hi uberbugs
so this's your strategie
stay home
if you did not recieve any request in 40 min open the rider app and request yourself
accept the trip and start the trip from your partner app
stay home and end the trip after 5 min
you will be charged $8 min fare but you still keep the $40
so $40-$8 uber fee - your $8 = $24
stay home and make $24 hourly

Last edited by a moderator:

Xris Xros

Screw Da shore.
I have gotten at least 3 emails from Uber asking me to go to the shore.

Higher Rates at the Jersey Shore

July 4th weekend has begun! Take advantage of higher rates and huge demand at the Jersey Shore!

uberX Shore uberX NJ
Base $2.40 $1.05
Per Mile $1.70 $0.85
Per Minute $0.16 $0.15
Minimum Fare $8.60 $6.55

July 4th weekend is the biggest weekend of the summer at the Jersey Shore! You can expect high demand all weekend long, from today, July 1st, through Monday, July 4th. When picking up riders over the weekend, please be sure to wait only at safe pickup locations, and avoid stopping in the middle of the street and double parking.

Last summer, uberX fares at the Jersey Shore were 25% higher than uberX fares in the rest of New Jersey. We have all the information you need to maximize your earnings at the shore here.

You can make the most of your weekend with special hotel discounts for Uber partners. Bring a friend or family member to enjoy the shore while you're not signed online.

Uber On,
Your Uber New Jersey Team

Bluedog8113

Made 11 trips in 6.5 hours last night. Got 4 XL fares and I think that helped. Also stayed out towards 35 and GSP earlier in the night to catch people coming in to the beach. Moved closer to the beach as the night went on.

Uber-licious

hi uberbugs
so this's your strategie
stay home
if you did not recieve any request in 40 min open the rider app and request yourself
accept the trip and start the trip from your partner app
stay home and end the trip after 5 min
you will be charged $8 min fare but you still keep the $40
so $40-$8 uber fee - your $8 = $24
stay home and make $24 hourly

I tried it last year and the caught it within 5 minutes

Tony from New Jersey

I guess I suck, no offense taken. I actually completed 12 trips with 10 hours on line, so I made it. I'm guilty of manipulating my completed trip count though, I asked a Pax to give me 2 rides for 1, he agreed, in exchange I ended his second trip early and drove him free. I don't think I did anything wrong, Uber can,t prove anything, there's no rule saying you cant have the same Pax back to back trips. I didn't even need to do that, I ended up with 2 extra trips, but I was getting paranoid, time was running out and I was always one trip behind. I was two ride from same pax counts only once according to uber