Someone Threw Up in My Car

SamInLasVegas

Somebody threw up in my car. I'm at home cleaning it up now, but does Uber offer reimbursement if I go to take it to a professional cleaner? Is there any kind of compensation I can get from them or the rider? I can't find anything in the Help section of the app that addresses something like this.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Call Johnny Cab

Somebody threw up in my car. I'm at home cleaning it up now, but does Uber offer reimbursement if I go to take it to a professional cleaner? Is there any kind of compensation I can get from them or the rider? I can't find anything in the Help section of the app that addresses something like this.

I read that you need to take a picture of the puke around the time it happens, and as I recall you get $200. I believe you have to report it. You probably should have reported the rider puked in your car when you rate em. Its for the clean up and time off to do the clean up. You'll have to get on it.

tedclubberlane

Uber requires a picture of you in a selfie with the fresh puke. If the puke is altered in any way you are ineligible for reimbursement.

TransporterX

Take every pics as possible. The more pics the better chance you get the 200-250 cleaning fee. And make sure you rate that rider 1*.

SamInLasVegas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone. I actually figured out what to do. I found out how to report it in the app. I did take a picture right after it happened. I submitted the request for a cleaning fee and uploaded the two photographs. Uber has already responded saying they billed the rider and I should see a reimbursement in the next couple of days, but they didn't say for how much. I did give the rider a 1 star, but I didn't see a way to actually leave a comment about her.

I got kind of lucky on this one, I think. I picked up four kids (probably 21, 22 years old) at Mandalay Bay. They said they were at a pool party. I could tell the one girl was kind of tipsy, but I didn't think she was that far gone. I gave her a water to drink because they said how hot they were and that's pretty much what she ended up spitting up. I think they were out in the sun too long and drank too much and got dehydrated. I thought at first she had just dropped the water bottle because I felt a small splash on the back of my elbow (gross, right?). After I let them out at the Stratosphere I pulled off to the side just to check and that's when I realized she puked. Thankfully, it was 95% liquid. They didn't even apologize or acknowledged it happened. I was able to vacuum up the small food articles and then I just cleaned the seat with warm water and Tide detergent. It doesn't look like it's going to stain or anything and thankfully there is no smell. If I had realized how drunk she was I would've refused them. Ugh......

Glasvegas

Thanks everyone. I actually figured out what to do. I found out how to report it in the app. I did take a picture right after it happened. I submitted the request for a cleaning fee and uploaded the two photographs. Uber has already responded saying they billed the rider and I should see a reimbursement in the next couple of days, but they didn't say for how much. I did give the rider a 1 star, but I didn't see a way to actually leave a comment about her.

I got kind of lucky on this one, I think. I picked up four kids (probably 21, 22 years old) at Mandalay Bay. They said they were at a pool party. I could tell the one girl was kind of tipsy, but I didn't think she was that far gone. I gave her a water to drink because they said how hot they were and that's pretty much what she ended up spitting up. I think they were out in the sun too long and drank too much and got dehydrated. I thought at first she had just dropped the water bottle because I felt a small splash on the back of my elbow (gross, right?). After I let them out at the Stratosphere I pulled off to the side just to check and that's when I realized she puked. Thankfully, it was 95% liquid. They didn't even apologize or acknowledged it happened. I was able to vacuum up the small food articles and then I just cleaned the seat with warm water and Tide detergent. It doesn't look like it's going to stain or anything and thankfully there is no smell. If I had realized how drunk she was I would've refused them. Ugh......
I feel you :frown:

Reversoul

Rookie mistake. Always keep a barf bag or at least a plastic bag in the pocket behind the passenger seat.

Make sure you get that cleaning fee cause your car is going to smell like vomit for about 2 weeks.

55iz2Lo

Also a big reason to never offer water to pax. If they are gonna hurl, they crave water and this makes it worse, and happen sooner. I always tell pax no water onboard because it makes car sickness come on quicker!!! Also Kidde locks on windows. If they want windows down this is big red flag. And if they get sick in between door panels is more difficult to clean. Disassemble doors will be needed. screw these morons I put the kiddie lock on rear driver side door so they can't jump into traffic. need babysitting some of these moronos....carry bag of baking soda. If sprinkled on carpets immediately makes easy for mobile detail later imho. The ones that can't hang here always seem to be in the early evening when you least expect it man. Communication with inebriated pax is key. I always have been able to pull over so they can puke in the middle of Vegas Blvd so far lolz!!

Noobs

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks[/QUOTE
Log in at a desktop and report it there. Better yet go to whatever office you had your car inspected and yes, get compensated. I hope you took pix!

Colddesertsnow

Uber lowered the cleaning fees. The max is $80! My friend last week had a sick pax, took the pics and Uber ponied up $80. He wrote them saying that wasn't enough and they told him that is the highest payment for cleaning fees.

55iz2Lo

Cheap basterds. I guess there will be a few more DUI s then. Not risking it if they won't pony up for pro steam cleaning.

BarbieBex

my friend told me he requires an up front $100 deposit for a person who gets in the car that is drunk... if they don't puke in the car they get the 100$ back when they get out, if they puke they don't get it back... i dunno how well that works or not, im a newbie and haven't had anyone (fingers crossed) drunk in my car yet.. just hungover