Someone left their lunch in my car today.

Lelekm

I hope it was a good lunch. I'm still pissed at the dude who left his water bottle in my car. I went to the trouble to try to return it, and I held onto it for two weeks. He gave me my one and only "safety" report. I know it was him because a made a left turn on a light that was turning red.

I always check once I drop off riders for left items before I take off. I've found phones or keys, sunglasses and hats. I always immediately flag down the pax, bring the item into their place of work, hotel lobby, or shopping location I dropped them at, before I take off so I don't have to bring those items back at a later time or date (been doing it this way since before they had to pay $15.00 for returned items & most times they hadn't even realized they'd left the item yet & this typically turned into a little tip too). I also smoke cigarettes, so at times I pull over to take a smoke break, and also check the car in more detail for left items and trash I can't see or reach without having to get out of the car. I'll then wipe down my seats and windows, spray a little Ozium and hit the road again. So Saturday evening while sleeping, I get a call from my first pax of my shift on Friday night claiming they left an envelope with cash in it:confused:... so I check throughly Sunday, and find nothing... but a single earing & some loose change that God know how long has been in there and that's it (even my car wash had never even found them). The pax contacted me through one of Ubers proxy numbers leaves a voicemail, and leaves her personal number to call her. Well this is actually the first time, I've had this happen, after around a year of ubering. I don't want her having my personal number how do I handle this? Do I call Uber and they patch me through to her, or just ignore it? Even if she did, which I feel is very unlikely (seems like a scam of sorts), I had already had at least 20 to 30 different pax in my car after her. The earing I'm gonna drop off at Star Lane (it appears worthless anyway so noone probably even cares... or is looking for it), because I'll be close by at Greenway getting my car serviced in about 10 days. Any advice on how to handle this? Has this happened to anyone before? Could they just be doing this for a free ride? Maybe trying to hit on me because I'm definitely not interested in her... or since I drive a Mercedes, maybe she thinks I have made that so called "life changing money" and will just give her some needless to say it's back to just doing select trips again for me, unless a better quest comes up. The only reason I was running X too, was to hit that little $35.00 quest. Any advice for me or what to expect is appreciated. I feel bad for her...if she did lose it, but it's really not my problem, and I don't want to hop through a million hoops dealing with Uber "support" either. Thanks in advance.

Fuzzyelvis

I always check once I drop off riders for left items before I take off. I've found phones or keys, sunglasses and hats. I always immediately flag down the pax, bring the item into their place of work, hotel lobby, or shopping location I dropped them at, before I take off so I don't have to bring those items back at a later time or date (been doing it this way since before they had to pay $15.00 for returned items & most times they hadn't even realized they'd left the item yet & this typically turned into a little tip too). I also smoke cigarettes, so at times I pull over to take a smoke break, and also check the car in more detail for left items and trash I can't see or reach without having to get out of the car. I'll then wipe down my seats and windows, spray a little Ozium and hit the road again. So Saturday evening while sleeping, I get a call from my first pax of my shift on Friday night claiming they left an envelope with cash in it:confused:... so I check throughly Sunday, and find nothing... but a single earing & some loose change that God know how long has been in there and that's it (even my car wash had never even found them). The pax contacted me through one of Ubers proxy numbers leaves a voicemail, and leaves her personal number to call her. Well this is actually the first time, I've had this happen, after around a year of ubering. I don't want her having my personal number how do I handle this? Do I call Uber and they patch me through to her, or just ignore it? Even if she did, which I feel is very unlikely (seems like a scam of sorts), I had already had at least 20 to 30 different pax in my car after her. The earing I'm gonna drop off at Star Lane (it appears worthless anyway so noone probably even cares... or is looking for it), because I'll be close by at Greenway getting my car serviced in about 10 days. Any advice on how to handle this? Has this happened to anyone before? Could they just be doing this for a free ride? Maybe trying to hit on me because I'm definitely not interested in her... or since I drive a Mercedes, maybe she thinks I have made that so called "life changing money" and will just give her some needless to say it's back to just doing select trips again for me, unless a better quest comes up. The only reason I was running X too, was to hit that little $35.00 quest. Any advice for me or what to expect is appreciated. I feel bad for her...if she did lose it, but it's really not my problem, and I don't want to hop through a million hoops dealing with Uber "support" either. Thanks in advance.
You are putting way too much time into thinking about this. If she wants to get in touch with Uber she can and they will send you a message telling you that an item was left in your car. All you do is reply that you found nothing left in your car and that is the end of it.

SkidRow

... I get a call from my first pax of my shift on Friday night claiming they left an envelope with cash in it:confused:...

HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY? I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU.
I WRITE TO INFORM YOU ABOUT MY DESIRE TO INVEST AND TO BUY A HOUSE IN YOUR COUNTRY, AND I HOPE THAT THIS TRANSACTION WILL BE GIVEN AN URGENT APPROVAL AND WILL BE TREATED WITH THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.

You are putting way too much time into thinking about this. If she wants to get in touch with Uber she can and they will send you a message telling you that an item was left in your car. All you do is reply that you found nothing left in your car and that is the end of it.

OK, thanks I'm guessing she did contact Uber cause her phone call said Uber on my MR ID caller ID, but she left me her personal number to call back on, but I've heard nothing from Uber. I won't even worry about then, unless Uber contacts me. Even after hundreds of trips, I just never had this issue, and wasn't sure how to deal with it. Like I said I feel bad for her (she was nice and didn't seem very well off) if she really did lose her money, but it's NOT my problem...I just didn't want it to become a problem for me, because I found nothing. Who knows some lucky rider may have snatched it, one guy did give me an unusually large tip... so maybe he thought since he took "my money" he would give me back at least some...

tootsie

I ate it.

Seriously, the 15 dollar lost item fee has made a huge difference in how many items get left in the car.
Now all that gets left behind are empty cans and bottles.
You have some rude ass pax to leave trash like that.

yamafx4dude

someone left their house keys in my car. (This was with turo) I told the person, they took a few days to respond. they said they were coming to get them. I waited, they never showed, didnt call, no text. Three days later they were asking for them saying they forgot to pick them up. And well yeah I forgot where I left them (trash)

I steal everything left behind. One time someone dropped two 20's. It became mine. To hell with them.

One time I dropped a 20 right at the front door of some bar. Funny thing is, the whole night no one outside at the tables nor anyone walking in or out saw it. I was pretty shocked a found it when I retraced my steps lol

Rat

someone left their house keys in my car. (This was with turo) I told the person, they took a few days to respond. they said they were coming to get them. I waited, they never showed, didnt call, no text. Three days later they were asking for them saying they forgot to pick them up. And well yeah I forgot where I left them (trash)

One time I dropped a 20 right at the front door of some bar. Funny thing is, the whole night no one outside at the tables nor anyone walking in or out saw it. I was pretty shocked a found it when I retraced my steps lol
That was MY $20