Somebody please explain why $4. PEAK PAY still looks low

OLDSCHOOLPARAD

$1 base + $0 tip + $4 peak = $5 for a 8.4 mile delivery to no mans land.
I swear a lot of customers are catching on to this. The reason is...I sometimes see $7-$10 tips on orders to no man’s land. Of course you won’t know unless you accept them...usually for me DD shows $8.50 for those deliveries.

In a way, I feel bad for them, especially if they’re on a DD subscription plan. In cases like that, DD should make up the difference.

And when I imagine no one has accepted an order, they show $10. Those are usually $10 and no more. DD pays a big chunk of that.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
$1 base + $0 tip + $4 peak = $5 for a 8.4 mile delivery to no mans land.
Seems like the only time delivery is profitable is when it's rainy and not enough drivers out there.
Post automatically merged:

I swear a lot of customers are catching on to this. The reason is...I sometimes see $7-$10 tips on orders to no man’s land.
I assume that no mans land is driving way out into the boonies, where we have to deadhead back to a viable spot to get another ping?

Last edited:

OLDSCHOOLPARAD

I assume that no mans land is driving way out into the boonies, where we have to deadhead back to a viable spot to get another ping?
Exactly! I take that into consideration when I accept an offer. Buck a mile doesn’t apply here.

Rain definitely helps. That’s generally when DD offers peak pay. Wonder how much that would be in the snow. I won’t drive in it, but curious to see how much more they’d pay.

DiceyDan

When DD unveiled the "new" pay in November, I swear most all orders were in the 8-12 range...now all I see is 3-6 crap like it was before..Also, I noticed if someone tips nicely, DD backs off and only pays 2/3 base. Since things have cooled off with their practices, they are back to the same ol $hit.

smithers54

dicey dan I noticed the same. two mcd orders. both the same distance 7 and some change. customer tips 1 dollar DD contributes 6. 2nd order customer tips 4 doordash gives me three....lol

dicey dan I noticed the same. two mcd orders. both the same distance 7 and some change. customer tips 1 dollar DD contributes 6. 2nd order customer tips 4 doordash gives me three....lol
For me, I don't care how the money gets factored into the delivery- I'm just glad to know what I'm getting beforehand. With Uber, you're taking your chances. $1 tip on a $2 or $3 trip isn't worth it- but toss in a $5 tip and it's worth it. But, you never know until after the fact. Doordash's model is one of the very few things that I like about this stupid system.

Toby2

I got suckered into a $4 peak pay. Turned into an average trip. $3 base/$4 peak. When times were good that would have been that would have been $7+$4.