• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Some Serious Shady $#!^

Newsrunner

If people have brought this up before, I apologize but this has happened twice and it's BS if Uber has not resolved it or change the Cancellation percentage.

I get a Ride Request and it says it's a "5 Minute" drive. So, I arrive and it's a young couple with an infant in Hayward. I'm thinking, 5-Minute Ride? That's probably to Union City or elsewhere here in Hayward. The couple loads up and I start the Ride, BAM! Modesto. MODESTO!?!?!? WT(actual)F?!?!?! I decide to take them because I thought these people seem to be in distress and it's probably the App that screwed with the Driver because other Drivers have cancelled on them. I chalk it up to Karma that hopefully it will payback someday. And in a way it does, but that's a different story.

Now, I start thinking, maybe it was a glitch and a very rare instance. So, let's jump 2 weeks later. I have a Destination Filter set from Oakland to Fremont BART because I have to get my son from practice and I make it all the way to Fremont and I'm about a mile away from Fremont BART. I get a Ride Request, it says it's a 2-Minute ride. No problem, get another Ride towards the Quest Bonus and I go home. Rider gets in, I start the Ride, BAM! Fairfield. FAIRFIELD!?!?! WTF AGAIN? I'm thinking this has got to be such a rare occurrence but yet I get it twice in less than 2 weeks.

Is this a regular occurrence? I've been driving for Part Time for 3 years with about 9000 Riders and never have seen this before. Sorry for the long read and thank you for feedback on this.

SHalester

I'd call Uber useless support on those. A crack in the code? Glitch? Who knows, but WTF, with you on the anger......I love it when ping says long ride 30 min. But once i get pax, it jumps to 45 or more minutes. sheesh.

Useless101

I'd call Uber useless support on those. A crack in the code? Glitch? Who knows, but WTF, with you on the anger......I love it when ping says long ride 30 min. But once i get pax, it jumps to 45 or more minutes. sheesh.
I am a legend ??