Some questions about Sidecar driver app

taarbo

Gave for the first time a few rides for Sidecar, had some questions:

1) What exactly does "Awesome rides" mean? (I have 75% after 4 rides, is that good?)

2) Can riders tip through the app or give more than the "suggested donation"? How often does that happen?

3) I read that I can see where a rider is going before accepting a ride? But when I got the requests I did not see the destination, only until after I picked up the rider. Also where would I see the rider's rating, I don't recall it appearing on the rider request screen

Thanks

Kenny Bock

1) The ride ratings are based on what the customer chooses after the ride is done. After only 4 rides, I guarantee you that you received 3 "Awesome Rides", and then 1 "Good Rides". As long as you don't have any "Bad Rides" you will be fine, especially after you start getting more and more rides.

2) Yes, riders have the ability to to tip through the app at the end of the ride. However, since you don't know whether or not a tip was given, you can't be sure how much you actually earned for a specific ride. I actually did a test with a woman I drove specifically about tipping. Basically once the ride is over the rider gets a screen that allows them to tip if the want. If not, they leave the selection on "$0.00", submit that, then are prompted to rate the driver. In my case, the app would not allow my rider to NOT tip me. As long as it said $0.00 for tip she couldn't move past that screen. So I had her tip me $1.00 and I gave her a $1.00 back in cash. Now I knew this was a $5.00 no commission ride because of the promotion the were running. But when I look at my Rides through the app, that specific ride still only shows $5.00 as my earnings. Now unless tips are reimbursed in a lump sum at the end of the week I'm not sure. But definitely already emailed them, and will continue to do so tomorrow until I get an answer.

3) The rider's rating is located to the right their name in the orange bar. You are able see how much the ride will cost, and where the pickup spot is. You can kind of guesstimate how far the ride is going based on the price of the ride. Anything between $25 and $30 is almost always going to be an airport run. Other than that, $5.00 (standard minimum ride price) rides are super close, and requests up to $9.00 or $10.00 are a few miles away, but you can usually take Lake Shore on those runs. Also, don't forget that the rider price shown is based on the price multiplier you set. The info above is for rides set at 1.0 (base price). Adjust distances and ride fares based on that. And one other caveat is if the rider chose to "RideShare" on their end. This cuts the price of the ride by about half, but you are always made aware that it is a RideShare ride, so again just adjust figures based on that information.

Hope this helps!

taarbo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
cool thanks for the info,

what happens if you get "bad rides" (which hopefully I wont get)? do you get deactivated at a certain percentage of bad rides?

Also how do "good rides" affect me, can you get deactivated for high percentage of "good rides" as opposed to "awesome rides"?

Last edited:

DriverG

While this is a good alternate place for info, you should really be signed up on their website to log into the garage , which is the main forum for Sidecar. I believe they also have training videos on their site that might help answer some of your questions taarbo.

Last edited:

DjTim

cool thanks for the info,

what happens if you get "bad rides" (which hopefully I wont get)? do you get deactivated at a certain percentage of bad rides?

Also how do "good rides" affect me, can you get deactivated for high percentage of "good rides" as opposed to "awesome rides"?
Really - Sidecar is so small in many markets, I don't think you could possibly get deactivated.

LookyLou

Good rides and Awesome rides are both positive ratings. It is pretty easy to keep a 100% positive rating with sidecar. But even if you don't, I have never heard of a Sidecar driver being deactivated for low ratings. Even 90% positive would be a 4.5 star on Uber or Lyft. So anything above a 90% positive should be OK.

I and other drivers have been deactivated due to low acceptance rate, less than 40%. So it is important to set your settings within your actual perimeters that you will actually accept even a minimum ride. Don't set your pick up radius to far and don't set your minimum fare too low.

taarbo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ah ok thanks for the info

I do have one "bad ride", reason given was "bad attitude" I think its from some rider who wanted to talk politics and I didnt really want to get into that

Last edited:

LookyLou

ah ok thanks for the info

I do have one "bad ride", reason given was "bad attitude" I think its some guy who wanted to talk politics and I didnt really want to get into that
Don't worry about it too much.

Just keep your car clean and give the best service that you can. That is all you can do. :smiles: