1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Some customers are unbelievable?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Uber_JB, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Uber_JB

Uber_JB

Driving:
    UberX
    Hey everyone,

I've been doing goober in Sydney now for the past two months full-time until I start my new job at Qantas on the 22 of October and was wondering if any of you have come across these types of people? Or how often? I'm up to around 400 trips with a 4.9 rating so I've been doing pretty well other then the few self entitled passengers. I have good comments and always go out of my way to help people. Work the 5am-12pm lunch shift and then the 8pm-11pm shift. Depending how well my pay balance is....

* The ones that stand in the middle of an intersection at peak hour and expect you to pull over for them. Even though you can't stop or pull over any where and you have cops and rangers around you watching, rangers taking a photo of you stopping in a bus stop and sending you the fine. I dont risk a fine or loss of license on these ones and cancel. I feel bad but some people really don't think to stand in a side street or petrol station where it's safe to pull over.

* The people that sit in your backseat like a little princess and tell you how to drive, or say your going too fast even though you're doing 50km in a 60km zone. With the - turn right at a no right turn zone.

* I had a woman last night get in my car around 30 years old, I said hello, she ignored me and just sat in the back. As we all do we follow the navigator, waze in my case as I find it the best in the city and it updates constantly. She yelled at me, why did I turn when I should of gone that way? It was a 5 minute trip worth $6 to me so I left it and said Im open to your way if you show me? and just continued driving. Upon drop off she gets out, no thanks, slams the door and I realise later I have complaints about the communication could of been better and my car was uncomfortable. Wow. I drive a new Subaru, leather seats, all the extras, manual which I drive easy as I want to keep my license and keep people safe, never an accident in 20 years and want to keep it that way.... And as usual us drivers have to take it and have no counter come back to Uber about these types.

* People who complain that they are late when you have another passenger added on the pool option. Well why did you sign up to pool? It puzzles me......

* Taxi drivers seeing the Uber sign on your car who want to cut you off or don't let you merge into traffic. Great job on that legeslation! Us drivers attracting more unwanted attention from Taxi drivers.

Upon the past two months I've learnt where to be at certain times and funny enough I know what types of people are going to be where.

Good luck everyone.

fields, Lovinguber, U8er and 3 others like this.
  2. Yawnie

Yawnie

just cancel asap if its not a safe pickup area

by safe i mean for your licence and their health

took riders directions.... cant win hahaha :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. Uber_JB

Uber_JB

Driving:
    UberX
    Lack of conversation? If you say too much to a woman, you're a creep. If you say not enough you get a complaint.

What do self entitled feminist millenials want these days? Man, since doing this job I've worked out how bad the human race is and what direction we are actually going....

Temperature? Just tell me it's too cold or too hot for you. ????????? I will adjust. Or better still. Use your brain and put the window down. Are the general public not educated enough to think for themselves?

Attached Files:

Uber_BoutsBangAU and DA08 like this.
  4. U8er

U8er

Driving:
    UberX
    Some customers offered me a chewy. Do I have bad breath? I am feeling so offended. :mad:

5. Uber_JB

Uber_JB

Driving:
    UberX
    I had a vegan complain about the leather seats in my car. It's unethical.

Thank god I've only gotta do this Uber full-time **** for another two weeks.

Beat that one.

6. U8er

U8er

Driving:
    UberX
    You won. No one has complained about my leather seat so far. Lol

7. Hussyboy81

Hussyboy81

Driving:
    UberX
    Lucky you mate! finishing in two weeks time going away from all this bullsh**

8. Yawnie

Yawnie

waiting for a 1 star later because i cancelled when the guy was waiting in a no stopping zone with no parking except a bus zone near a police station :rolleyes:

Uber_BoutsBangAU and ScooterBoi like this.
  9. Uber_JB

Uber_JB

Driving:
    UberX
    I'll still do it on the side. Maybe 12 hours a week. That's enough. Until I get the sack or just give up on the human race all together.

Not the 10 hours a day like I am now.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  10. Rushmanyyz

Rushmanyyz

With your charming personality, I wonder why anyone would give you grief about your conversational skills?

If you're mad about the rise of #Metoo, realize that your post here is the kind of reason it needs to stick around.

If you're worried about us white guys and how the "feminists" treat us, start by actually being a decent guy. It'd go a long way for you and the rest of us.

11. Uber_JB

Uber_JB

Driving:
    UberX
    LOL nice come back. And I'm not real worried about "Us white guys" just myself mostly. And how would you know if I was white, yellow, black?

And I love the hashtag Metoo you've done there. Sorry to dissapoint you but I don't sexually harrass women or feel the urge too.

You're right though. I should just be a cuck and let everyone here in Sydney walk all over me. I guess that's what they do in Melbourne?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    fields and Uber_BoutsBangAU like this.
  12. Yawnie

Yawnie

im asian but im really white skinned, can i call myself a white guy :)

Uber_BoutsBangAU likes this.
  13. Uber_JB

Uber_JB

Driving:
    UberX
    That's called a banana. :)

Yawnie likes this.
  14. ScooterBoi

ScooterBoi

This. Well said mate.
    MRA crybabies are pathetic.

15. PandaT

PandaT

:p:):D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:plus parking fine recording camera ...

16. Eastern Uber

Eastern Uber

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Like most here, you get the fair share of painful riders. I do select quite a bit, and of course many of those riders order a select car, thinking that they are elite, and they own you and the car when they are often peasants trying to maintain some sort of image to themselves that they are special.

I have a dual lens dash cam, so all my driving AND all of the riders, the conversations, comments etc are recorded. If I get some entitled rider who complains later to Uber about my driving or the discussion, my manner etc, often because they didn't get their way, or had to pay a bit extra for a toll, or because I didn't want to answer their personal questions about my sexual preferences I simply send a link to the video I have on a file server for Uber to review. From the 4-5 complaints I have had so far, each of them has been promptly removed after the video was watched.

I know the video has been watched because the file server shows when it has been accessed, and I only supply the link to the Ubernaught.

17. Free ride for the rider

ST DYMPHNA son likes this.
  18. You should have pulled into maccas and order a quarter pounder trash the lettuce, just tell them beef and ketchup nothing else.