• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Some Charts...

rideshare_driver_roc

How do you get this data? Last I knew, they removed the ability to export your data from the uber website. My understanding is that if you have a company where you employ other drivers, you can request access to some of the raw data.

I have about 5k rides at this point, so manually copying the data from the website is not feasible. I would be interested in learning in a programmatic way at getting the data.

drdisaster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is my own spreadsheet which I created and manually enter data to weekly, if not more frequently. It only takes a few minutes to enter the data ("vvvv" columns). The rest of the spreadsheet are various formulas to help me analyze things.

I use the "myTracks" app by Dirk Stichling to keep track of my total drive time and miles (online time, with or without passengers)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
DateDay of WeekLyft RidesLyft EarningsLyft TipsLyft TimeLyft MilesUber RidesUber EarningsUber TipsUber BonusUber TimeUber MilesLogged TimeTax Deduc MilesTotal RidesUber TotalLyft BonusLyft TotalUber Rev/HrLyft Rev/HrRev MilesAvg Mi/RideUber $/Rev-MiLyft $/Rev-MiAvg $ / Rev-MileUber $/Tot-MileLyft $/Tot-MiUber Avg $/RideLyft Avg $/RideTotal TipsTotal RevenueTip %Wear & TearEst. GasTotal ExpensesIRS MileageRev - ExpFed Est. Tax 22%NY State Est. Tax 6.33%Net EarningsNet Earnings/HrRides / Tot HrRev / Tot Hr% Rev Miles$ / Tot-MileAvg $ / RideDays$/Day

ROCuberguy585

How do you get this data? Last I knew, they removed the ability to export your data from the uber website. My understanding is that if you have a company where you employ other drivers, you can request access to some of the raw data.

I have about 5k rides at this point, so manually copying the data from the website is not feasible. I would be interested in learning in a programmatic way at getting the data.
Probably logged it all manually and then just charted it himself. Believe it or not there's guys that just like numbers. There's a guy who is fairly well known in Sabres Twitter circles that I've had a few lengthy conversations with. The AHL doesn't track stats like shots that are a necessary component to many of the advanced stats used in the NHL. This guy, for fun, manually tracked stats through multiple Amerks games so he could get a rough idea of what the possession metrics of a few different Sabres prospects looked like at the AHL level. Totally your idea of fun right?

drdisaster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I created my own elaborate Excel spreadsheet for tracking purposes. It's definitely a lot more information than is required for tax purposes, but I use it to analyze how well things are going. Putting that Masters degree and semesters of statistical analysis to work.

For example, the summer lull appears to be done. College kids are back, Walmart/Target runs for dorm decor are in full swing, most of my passengers are speaking foreign languages, etc. The trendline is beginning to flatten back out. After much learning from you peeps, I've also chilled out and will sit and wait for the next ride, saving miles, gas, and liability. I now have certain targets I try to hit each hour, each day, etc before throwing in the towel and just going home.

Red line is straight revenue from Uber / Lyft.
Blue line deducts estimated gas, wear and tear, NY and IRS taxes.

Screenshot.png

ECXJyEzXoAAF0J8.jpgECWlE2SXkAcJpwF.jpg