Some Advantages of UberPool

Arlington Driver

So, after coming back to driving Uber after a few month hiatus, I have the following observations:

1) You get $1.60 ($2 to rider0 cancellation fee after I think first two minutes
2) Getting the $4 ($5 to rider) cancellation fee is easy. You do not have to text or call. Just arrive wait two minutes and hit cancel.
3) High rated Pool riders are usually good. They are out when you arrive because they know about the canellation fee
4) Rates are lower and while some riders go three blocks during busy times some Pool rides go long distances. This can be lucrative
5) Auto add is annoying because additions and cancellations come quick. I feel riders want to avoid $2 cancellation fee, but at the same time they do not want to share a ride if possible. So when they see they are matched on the app and the are the second rider, they cancel almost immediately
6) Pick up a pool in Crystal City going to DC and you may get routed via National Airport. I've had this happen to me. This is why some riders report only Pool available. Everyone else has to wait in the virtual "queue", but if you have a UberPool ride already in progress you can be routed to the Airport without having to wait in the queue

Anyone else have observations to share?

Last edited:

elelegido

So, after coming back to driving Uber after a few month hiatus, I have the following observations:

1) You get $1.60 cancellation fee after I think first two minutes
2) Getting the $4 cancellation fee is easy. You do not have to text or call. Just arrive and hit cancel.
3) High rating Pool riders are good, they are out when you arrive
4) Rates are lower and while some riders go three blocks during busy times some Pool rides go long distances. This can be lucrative
5) Auto add is annoying because cancellations come quick. I feel riders want avoid $2 cancellation fee, but do not want to share so when they see they are matched cancel almost instantry.
6) Pick up a pool in Crystal City going to DC and you may get routed via National Airport.

Nope.

Another Uber Driver

I get reamed on the long trips, even under surge.

The only use that I have for it is that it does help jack up your trip count if you are trying to meet a quota for a bonus or an incentive.

Arlington Driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
seems like we got some uber employees on here as well lol bcz no driver would have ever wrote that BS! lol
Real driver. I only drive part time, but I do take Pools when I'm in the incentive zone and there are incentives. The reason being, My trip count often falls near Silver and I do not like being at midnight on Saturday (I don't drive Sunday mornings) like "dang if I took some UberPool earlier in the week I'd hit 35".

Altima ATL

2) Getting the $4 ($5 to rider) cancellation fee is easy. You do not have to text or call. Just arrive wait two minutes and hit cancel.
3) High rated Pool riders are usually good. They are out when you arrive because they know about the canellation fee
5) Auto add is annoying because additions and cancellations come quick. I feel riders want to avoid $2 cancellation fee, but at the same time they do not want to share a ride if possible. So when they see they are matched on the app and the are the second rider, they cancel almost immediately
6) Pick up a pool in Crystal City going to DC and you may get routed via National Airport. I've had this happen to me. This is why some riders report only Pool available. Everyone else has to wait in the virtual "queue", but if you have a UberPool ride already in progress you can be routed to the Airport without having to wait in the queue

1) You get a disgustingly low rate (lower than regular X) with no base fare.
2) If you drop off 2nd pax before 1st pax - there is actually very little (if any) extra money - pennies at best.
3) If you do not accept 2nd pax - Uber sends text asking why you did not take.
4) There are a myriad of new reasons to be rated lower.
5) You need to explain to pax what the pool rules are - now you are the bad guy.
6) Uber says that you can drive for hours, all the while with pax and no downtime - do not believe this is true as pool logic says that the trips will be in straight line - drive in straight line for 2 hours - you will be in the wilderness.

leosc

First I thought this's a troll

Are you serious ? Dude

Well when was an uber driver last year pool didn't exist. From what I've read, sounds like the only advantages are getting no pool pings at all.

4aseason

At 2.2 boost last night I got a total of @$7 for both pax. Without boost I'm guessing that would have been 1/2 that, so about $3.5-$4, are you f'ing kidding me. I need to pick up more than 1 pax, wait for 2 pax and drop at least 2 pax off all to make $3-$4
And that is why I never do pool regardless of the boost. The automatic match was the nail in the coffin for me.

Arlington Driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Took a Pool trip from South Arlington to New Arlington for likeb $11. Sure I would have made a couple of bucks more on Xbox, but I got a X request just before Pool drop-off that went to IAD. It was 1.6 incentive and I made $33, which made driving home empty worth it!

novadrivergal

If you are on hourly, pool is your friend. On Saturday night I got 7 hours of guarantee pay for less than 3.5 hours of actual work. Uber is going to pay me about 220 after their cut and they only earned about 40 from my rides.

Pick up a couple of pools early in the guarantee period and I can hide in a dead zone for hours listening to books on tape. It's taken me a while to find areas that are not saturated with other drivers so I can get enough rides and where to find dead zones later. I wish I could divulge but if I do that those areas won't be any good for me any more.

If you are not on hourly, do NOT pick up pool. You will make more by rejecting them and leave the multi rider jobs for those of us who need to make hourly guarantees.

At $32 per hour ($40 minus Uber's 20%) I'll drive the Poop Bus. If they ever switch me to boost, bye-bye pool.