Solution 4 too many drivers.

Sharkb8

Uber wanted cars 3 mins away from the requester. They did it over a year ago! I didn't mind because all my requests were nearby & the fares were pretty good. Then they slashed the rates, lost drivers, lost riders, crappy cars hit the road, we cancel on 50% of the requests, Pool sucks, etc..

Solution: If they go back to 2014 $1.25 mile X rates & 20% commission it's a win for everyone! Drivers accept all requests, cars are clean because drivers are happy, I'd even consider water! Sorry, it's not going to happen & non-tipping, slimy Uber is here to stay. How unfortunate.

Ubernic

Right now people are chasing that $550 bonus and I am sure a lot had their friends/family sign up to get that double pay check bonus. We have to wait until all these one week/month wonders leave back out of the market so we can get back to business. Right now the premium services are even suffering because when X cars aren't availible or too far away they choose us, right now there is never a time when X isn't available so all of those are now gone, it was actually a decent amount of pax that would do this.

Sharkb8

Right now people are chasing that $550 bonus and I am sure a lot had their friends/family sign up to get that double pay check bonus. We have to wait until all these one week/month wonders leave back out of the market so we can get back to business. Right now the premium services are even suffering because when X cars aren't availible or too far away they choose us, right now there is never a time when X isn't available so all of those are now gone, it was actually a decent amount of pax that would do this.
This is true but, without profitable fare prices & reasonable commission rates we are all going to do something else. A new driver CAN'T provide the good service that an experienced driver can. I do 10-15 rides per week now, mostly XL/Lyft. I used to do 30-50 rides including Accessibility & X. Not anymore!

We also have great gas prices. Uber will lose tons of drivers when gas goes up & the driver pool will dry up, it's simple math. Do we keep eating at restaurants that have crappy food & service? No. It's time for the twins, Uber & Lyft, to become quality services or this will end because the drivers have the power to end it!

Sharkb8

Gas prices are only going down. Winter months combined with election. Always drop drastically.
X only drivers can only hope you're correct. The upcoming January 2017 winter warm up fare reductions will put X drivers out of business if you're wrong.

ABC123DEF

I plan to have Big Foober in the rear view mirror by the time Jaunary 2017 rolls around. My market didn't have ANY kind of rate change after winter. It makes no sense for me to drive now and it'll make even less sense (and cents) to drive for however low under 80 cents per mile they plan to go this time.

JoeChargersfan

No DON'T hang in there, get a real job that pays livable wages. One where you won't have to go to random internet boards and tell the world what a sh*tty company it is.

You only live once, you owe it to yourself.
Lol, so many jobs out there pays 30k or less a year and are 10x worse the uber/lyft. The high paying positions are also crap, you can be let go without notice or reason. Your dept is getting outsourced so the company can add even more money to the billions in yearly revenue.

DriverX

Why shouldn't any job pay a living wage? No one should work full time and make less than the cost to live regardless of where they are. I don't think drivers wanting to make 30K is asking too much. Garbage collectors make that money in SD.

You are worth more than your garbage right?