• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Solo riders choosing plus / XL

Docaces

I've been noticing lately that a lot of solo Riders seem to be choosing Plus or XL. This morning I had a woman going from Bay Harbor Islands Fort Lauderdale Airport who requested a plus. She was by herself and had one small carry on. This is happened a few times in the past couple of weeks. Do they just want a larger vehicle? Or is it by accident? Anyone else experienced this?

ub3r1can

Uber Rider App default is uberXL. So folks that don't know and don't swipe right or "click" on Economy won't see the other options available.

Samson5121

people are picky car too small, car too low and you right they are people who just order XL for solo. well I am not complaining

Docaces

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
people are picky car too small, car too low and you right they are people who just order XL for solo. well I am not complaining
Yeah, I'm not complaining either. BTW, I only drive for lift so not sure about the XL portion that

george_lol

It's the uber app. they set the default choice to xl, pax need to slide the choices to get x, pool & pool express. It's kinda like a double edge sword. I think most pax will see the high price and go to Lyft others will think that's all that's available and take it because they are unaware of how the app works - That's most likely uber's goal. Uber likes to screw everyone, drivers, pax and themselves. LOL

Reactions: ZZY

Docaces

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That does seem to be true on the Uber site. I tried booking to ride myself and experience the same thing that Uber XL is the first option. However I stayed in before I only drive for Lyft. And it's happening with Lyft as well

Jesusdrivesuber

The first time my mother used a lyft she requested an XL for an X ride, it's ignorance from the pax but only in this case, both uber and pax are manipulating the options to get rides out and ride out in short trips.

Say, pax gets denied 4 times exiting the airport, he upgrades to XL or lux because he's going to 17 street, the same way... uber inflates the price of XL as surge and they send SUV request or X to lux, they are learning how to dupe the pax more and more.

Kodyhead

For a few weeks I've been doing a lot of short garbage trips I normally don't do like commutes to work or routine trips with solo riders so yes I have noticed lol

JimKE

I've had solo rides both ways -- intentional and accidental.

The accidental ones are pretty easy to spot usually. If they're nice pax, I ask them if they meant to do that and then show them how to avoid it in the future at the end of the ride. I did that three times last weekend.

The app appears to return to whatever class of service you looked at the previous time you used it. If I switch from XL to X to check a fare, the next time I open the app, it opens to X.

ElSapoLoco

I had a rider last night tell me she ordered X but the app told her she had been upgraded to XL for free (which is why I received the ride as I don’t have the X option activated). Funny thing is it was from Hallandale to Sawgrass and she paid $60. I received $40.

That doesn’t sound like a “free” upgrade to me.

Totally unrelated side note: She also said she had to rate her last driver before she was allowed to request the ride. So now UBER is making both drivers & riders rate before continuing on with their service.

Kodyhead

I had a rider last night tell me she ordered X but the app told her she had been upgraded to XL for free (which is why I received the ride as I don’t have the X option activated). Funny thing is it was from Hallandale to Sawgrass and she paid $60. I received $40.

Totally unrelated side note: She also said she had to rate her last driver before she was allowed to request the ride. So now UBER is making both drivers & riders rate before continuing on with their service.
I just dropped off a min xl ride from a house to Walgreens and she had a uniform on lol

TheAntMiami

I've been noticing lately that a lot of solo Riders seem to be choosing Plus or XL. This morning I had a woman going from Bay Harbor Islands Fort Lauderdale Airport who requested a plus. She was by herself and had one small carry on. This is happened a few times in the past couple of weeks. Do they just want a larger vehicle? Or is it by accident? Anyone else experienced this?
Pax are sick and tired of X drivers not following directions, not helping with luggage, dirty filthy cars, and drivers who don't speak a word of English. The pax uses XL to go to the airport in safety and comfort rather than stressing out before a flight, FYI XL is still cheaper than a taxi!

Working4peanuts

Great idea uber! Now people will get pissed off they have to play this stupid game and rate low to retaliate.

Kodyhead

That’s why they’re using XL’s and not taxis.
And they can pay by credit card. I find it hilarious whenever I hear the same story cash only and no change from tourists over and over again. To claim you run a cash only business yet have no change lol. Must of had a dozen new uber riders the past few weeks because of it lol

NomorePOOL

Sometimes I get this also. When I asked them why they ordered a large vehicle they say the app shows there were not any X vehicles nearby

JimKE

I also had pax a couple of weeks ago who said they ordered XL because the DRIVERS are better with XL. They were just going for a short ride to lunch in the Gables, so the difference in price wasn't much, but they said they always order XL for the better drivers.

First time I'd heard that reason, but it does make sense.