Sold my Shoes for a 100$

Vegas E

Got a big ride to Crazy Horse and one of the passengers couldn't get in because he was wearing sneakers. I take him around trying to find a shoe store at 3am, no luck. As they are getting back into the car I jokingly say they can have my 20$ work shoes for a bill. The Bestman opens his wallet so the bachelor party can continue. Broke a grand last night in an 8 hour shift. I love Uber (today at least).
ps. Crazy Horse 3 is now paying 80$per male, full cover.

Last edited:
Got a big ride to Crazy Horse and one of the passengers couldn't get in because they were wearing sneakers. I take him around trying to find a shoe store at 3am, no luck. As they are getting back into the car I jokingly say they can have my 20$ work shoes for a bill. The Bestman opens his wallet so the bachelor party can continue. Broke a grand last night in an 8 hour shift. I love Uber (today at least).
How did u break a grand in 8 hrs?

gerg

Got a big ride to Crazy Horse and one of the passengers couldn't get in because they were wearing sneakers. I take him around trying to find a shoe store at 3am, no luck. As they are getting back into the car I jokingly say they can have my 20$ work shoes for a bill. The Bestman opens his wallet so the bachelor party can continue. Broke a grand last night in an 8 hour shift. I love Uber (today at least).
You should sign up and get back end also.

Vegas E

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How did u break a grand in 8 hrs?
Sold my shoes for 100$... so 7 people could get into Crazy Horse 3 paying 80$ a head plus backend, on top of an XL ride at surge that took almost an hour ( got a few strange looks walking around in my socks to collect). It was my biggest ride last night but I had two more big rides as well (not that big). My best night yet driving Uber...

Last edited:

uberxreallysux

Sold my shoes for 100$... so 7 people could get into Crazy Horse 3 paying 80$ a head plus backend, on top of an XL ride at surge that took almost an hour ( got a few strange looks walking around in my socks to collect). It was my biggest ride last night but I had two more big rides as well (not that big). My best night yet driving Uber...
I had 3 going to crazy horse last night also and they all wear jeans tshirt and white sneakers. I collected $320. Did you take them to the crazy horse in the twilight zone.

UberDude2

No offense to anybody I just have a question. Why do some people put the dollar sign after the number instead of before the number where it's supposed to be?
While I'm at it, why spell probably with 2 less letters? Are you really saving that much time?

uberxreallysux

No offense to anybody I just have a question. Why do some people put the dollar sign after the number instead of before the number where it's supposed to be?
While I'm at it, why spell probably with 2 less letters? Are you really saving that much time?
The dollars sign after the number means instead of getting paid. He had to pay.

55iz2Lo

Lol this is funny, better keep an extra pair in the trunk I guess. Hustler gave some one a hard time because of a white t shirt. Made them buy one if their black shirts to get in. Such a scam, I told him somewhere else to go that won't care

vegetto

Most I ever made was 500$ One night way back/ brought a group to a massage parlor and the 100$ I already earned. if only could be that everyday ..

Vegas E

There is a sign right in front of CH3 stating the dress code. The dress code is usually enforced to keep someone from getting in, that they do not want in the club. In this case they targeted the bachelor at a bachelor party because they know that if he doesn't go in, the whole group will leave. I have been running this game for years with the same door people. The door men know I am a very persistent driver, that is most likely why they picked the shoes, the hardest dress code violation to overcome. This is a much more common practice at places like Sapphires but it can happen at any club, particularly when the customers are of a darker complexion. The no white T- shirt is the most common prohibition, I actually have some T shirts I carry with me and sell to customers for 10$ to 20$(shop on Koval and Flamingo for 2$ a piece). Once the customer accommodates the dress code, the club will most likely let them in because they don't want to get sued for racial profiling.

Last edited:

Vegas E

You could drive 1100mi in 8 hrs at 137mph.
That would be one wild ride. You make a very good point. If a driver is relying on the App as their only source of income from driving, it will be difficult to make a decent living. Vegas is a very unique market for Uber drivers in that side income can far exceed the in App income. Many taxi and limo drivers like myself, figured it out years ago. I believe that when enough Uber / Lyft drivers begin to understand and exploit this fact, the taxi industry will fade away. There is simply greater opportunity for side money while driving rideshare (no kicks, cuts or diversions).

I commend your awareness of grammatical differentiation. You can actually tell a great deal about the person who is writing by noticing insignificant differences in grammatical approach. The dollar sign placement is a strong indication that the writer is of Asian or French descent, in my case I am not Asian but spent a large portion of my life thus far, working and living in Asia. English grammar itself varies between country and culture. Many nations such as India, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia and many more hold English as an official second language, meaning that grammatical aspects of the first language seep into the English second language. I recently had breakfast with an old friend from Singapore who taught me Singlish, a hybrid language that is emerging there as a local dialect. I was having trouble understanding his Malay references we he told me it was a "piece of tofu" for locals.

Last edited: