So WTH is this fake $1.25 surge downtown? Normal surge this am until 7:30, then...

Kuber

There’s some button either manned by an a-hole or some a-hole put code in the algorithm to just override the surge system with this BS. You can always count on Uber to screw you at some point.

New guy65

Uber was at 90 from Lincoln park this am with a $1.25 surge while lyft was less than 60 with 50% surge

Angelpv

Uber was at 90 from Lincoln park this am with a $1.25 surge while lyft was less than 60 with 50% surge
i accepted an uber ride without surge at 630 am canceled it because it was 3 miles north of me didnt notice before i accepted after i canceled the whole map was red with 5$+ surge and this all happend in under a minute mhm.

ChrisFZ

"On long trips the surge will be adjusted so drivers receive A SIGNIFICANT PORTION of the fare"

Lies, all lies.

bpm45

My first ride today, from Broadway/Addison to Huron/St Clair, Uber charged the pax $25.59 and gave me $9.84, including the $1.00 "surge".

This $1.25 low-balled surge was going on Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and now Tue.

It pretty much eliminates the desire of the passenger to tip, so Uber is cheating us out of surge and tips.

Uber is an unethical "partner".
Post automatically merged:

I wonder if this is advance retribution for the upcoming protest?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190402-174544.png
    Screenshot_20190402-174544.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20190402-174600.png
    Screenshot_20190402-174600.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

New guy65

My first ride today, from Broadway/Addison to Huron/St Clair, Uber charged the pax $25.59 and gave me $9.84, including the $1.00 "surge".

This $1.25 low-balled surge was going on Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and now Tue.

It pretty much eliminates the desire of the passenger to tip, so Uber is cheating us out of surge and tips.

Uber is an unethical "partner".

I wonder if this is advance retribution for the upcoming protest?
Only 2 people at fault for Uber getting so much the rider as lyft was cheaper all morning even with a 50% or 100% surge. And you as you knew you were getting $1 more and should have known that lyft was paying more

If there is a bright side at least you got an extra 43cts for diamond rewards

Kuber

Simple solution: tell your Pax and get ready to drive Lyft. Passengers will go app off if they think Uber is ripping drivers off.

Flashback121

It’s amazing that they are getting away with this ...
Question is though.. for how much longer can they keep getting away with it ?

New guy65

It’s not really amazing.
You have people chasing $4 consecutive trips , sitting at the airport for an hour for an extra $6 or giving up 30% of what they would make to get a ride to a certain area or home.

As to how much longer can it go? As long as drivers and passengers do illogical things.

Which is basically making poor economic decisions. For both drivers and riders rideshare is a commodity and drivers should drive for whomever pays the most and riders should use whatever costs the least.

Nu1

It’s amazing that they are getting away with this ...
Question is though.. for how much longer can they keep getting away with it ?
Good question...... uber’s app is a money maker. When they can’t do it no more we will know/see. For now, free roll, it seems they have enogh drivers.

ANTlifebaby

Wow, Uber seriously manipulating surge with this fake 1.25.

Hopefully it will price out enough drivers so they can't keep doing it. No way I'm driving rush hour traffic for 1.25 surge.

SatMan

OK guys, let’s see how they charge each of us for the same ride. Drake Hotel to ORD. I’ll go first.

B52FE3B2-BDFD-4FAF-B6C9-511A1330ED19.png