So.... wow! Happy day today!

UberVato

I finally decided to drive today, I can’t afford not to at this point, it’s been over three weeks.

Bad start, my first ping had 6 surge, but it was a high school, I knew what was coming..
Had to cancel on the young man, felt bad, I don’t like doing it, he seemed like a good kid, but the law is the law.
He wanted me to cancel, and I told him I had to wait 5 mins.

Next ride, was a pool with that same surge... so I took it 9 mins away, minute later they cancel.

Then I get a 3 stop trip, young couple with baggage, but odd characters, trip took 33 mins but at least I got 16 bucks, lots of loading stuff, no tip, and for some reason... I expect a 1star tomorrow...they didn’t look like they can afford uber.

I was feeling a bit worn out , more thinking about why am I doing this again...but then it happened!

A gentleman with a 12 min trip. Affluent, we talk about sports, and he has tickets to all, mentions travels and what not..trip had a 5 surge, so I didn’t expect tip, and of course.. there wasn’t one.

3 riders later, a girl tells me that there was an item back there, I didn’t see it..

So I always dread item returns, I’ve done 6 now, and it’s never worth it, and 4 before we even got 15 bucks, but I’ll always try, it’s the right thing to do...

Once we hooked up, he was cool, mentioned he would make it worth my time, which was even cooler, but I didn’t expect much... I drove to his new location and BAM!!!! He flips me a benji!!

I was like... whaaaaaaat.. omg... I hardly knew what to say....I had to look at it 10 times over..
So THIS is how one of these puppies look..

What a guy, this long story, if you read this far, is to maybe give a little hope, there’s still good people out there, and we still gotta try and do the right thing, every time , you never know when a little luck can come your way!

warsaw

I finally decided to drive today, I can’t afford not to at this point, it’s been over three weeks.

Bad start, my first ping had 6 surge, but it was a high school, I knew what was coming..
Had to cancel on the young man, felt bad, I don’t like doing it, he seemed like a good kid, but the law is the law.

Next ride, was a pool with that same surge... so I took it 9 mins away, minute later they cancel.

Then I get a 3 stop trip, young couple with baggage, but odd characters, trip took 33 mins but at least I got 16 bucks, lots of loading stuff, no tip, and for some reason... I expect a 1star tomorrow...they didn’t look like they can afford uber.

I was feeling a bit worn out , more thinking about why am I doing this again...but then it happened!

A gentleman with a 12 min trip. Affluent, we talk about sports, and he has tickets to all, mentions travels and what not..trip had a 5 surge, so I didn’t expect tip, and of course.. there wasn’t one.

3 riders later, a girl tells me that there was an item back there, I didn’t see it..

So I always dread item returns, I’ve done 6 now, and it’s never worth it, and 4 before we even got 15 bucks, but I’ll always try, it’s the right thing to do...

Once we hooked up, he was cool, mentioned he would make it worth my time, which was even cooler, but I didn’t expect much... I drove to his new location and BAM!!!! He flips me a benji!!

I was like... whaaaaaaat.. omg... I hardly knew what to say....I had to look at it 10 times over..

What a guy, this long story, if you read this far, is to maybe give a little hope, there’s still good people out there, and we still gotta try and do the right thing, every time , you never know when a little luck can come your way!

Out of every 20 trips, I usually get someone who tips or hassle free.
These days, select has almost dried up and I'm beginning to refuse doing poo trips, unless the $ surge is at least $4-5.
It's better to get less money doing enjoyable trips, than getting a little extra while being miserable.

RideshareSpectrum

That’s what happens when you consistently do the right thing. This dudes tip made up for the undesirables who didn’t. Good for you.

UberVato

That’s what happens when you consistently do the right thing. This dudes tip made up for the undesirables who didn’t. Good for you.
Absolutely.
I try to stay upbeat and try hard, I have to, since I look like I fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down ..And five facial scars don’t help ...
If you ain’t got it up there, you gotta work a little harder

LoveHateThisJob

I had a guy tip me and we had a nice conversation. He left his phone in my car, and instead of being all demanding, he was totally cool with me dropping it off the next morning. I went to his house before work, not too far away, rang the door bell, he answered right away and gave me $20 for my troubles.

Those are the types of passengers that would make Uber/Lyft a lot more enjoyable. You probably get 1:10, maybe if your lucky 1:8.

1995flyingspur

That's awesome bro??