• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

So why do some full-timers hate part-timers?

Alexxx_Uber

I have a full time job and I drive uber part time, mostly in DF back and forth from home to work. I used to drive more earlier, but in my opinion, Uber is not great for doing full time. The pay is very low. Imagine that according to IRS every mile equals to 60 cents ...

Butt0ns919

I have a full time job and I drive uber part time, mostly in DF back and forth from home to work. I used to drive more earlier, but in my opinion, Uber is not great for doing full time. The pay is very low. Imagine that according to IRS every mile equals to 60 cents ...
I just started ubering with the thought of being online during my trips to and from work. Is it true that ill be penalized for declining trips that are out of the way? How do you manage?

touberornottouber

al job and I don't care who that offends, use Uber as a source of disposable income. I'm getting sick and tired of full timers giving me an attitude because of that. So this is your opportunity to air your grievances.
A lot of the part timers (but definitely not all) seem to dismiss criticisms of others who do this full time. There is a tendency to say "if you don't like it, quit!" rather than to actually try to band together to encourage making things better for all.

I notice here many of the people saying rideshare "is no skill" and "something anyone can do" (which is total BS btw) tend to be part timers often with professional jobs. Now I have no problem with someone having a decent job. That's awesome. But there is no need to stand in the way of others voicing legitimate complaints or just expressing themselves.

It's cool if you do this just on Friday and Saturday nights and make $30 an hour (in addition to your regular job with Google or as a lawyer) but you don't need to start talking crap to someone doing it full time in poverty who is making $5 an hour and trying to feed their family.

So what I am saying is this: if this is just a side thing for you and you don't need it to survive then GREAT. But please try not to make life harder for those who need the gig. Try not to stand in the way of progress.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Corny this thread is eerily similar to one I started over a year ago that drew quite a bit of ire from many posters. I will admit it was not my finest moment.

I can see FT driving working out in some markets. Wisconsin is not one of them. Milwaukee is oversaturated and Madison is too student-dependent; summertime is s l o w.

Alexxx_Uber

I just started ubering with the thought of being online during my trips to and from work. Is it true that ill be penalized for declining trips that are out of the way? How do you manage?
How would you “decline” a ride that is out of the way, without knowing the trip destination? Did you mean “cancel”?
Anyways there is no penalty for declining, however the cancellation rate above a certain point would definitely matter to Uber
Post automatically merged:

I’m a part timer. In my opinion, the part timers are actually ruining the business for the full timers. It’s obvious. However, that’s what it is. This is how Uber plays this game. If you don’t like it, then quit. Or find smart ways to increase your profit while ubering full time

Butt0ns919

How would you “decline” a ride that is out of the way, without knowing the trip destination? Did you mean “cancel”?
Anyways there is no penalty for declining, however the cancellation rate above a certain point would definitely matter to Uber
Im sorry, I meant cancel. My first trip I made, I had dropped off my first customer and right away my phone started pinging but I declined because I was headed home already, I just want to make sure Im not deactivated within the first week :/ theres so much I need to learn. From what Ive read, theres no way to know if the people pinging you are headed your direction (to or from my full time job) or not, correct? Is there anyway around that?

Alexxx_Uber

Im sorry, I meant cancel. My first trip I made, I had dropped off my first customer and right away my phone started pinging but I declined because I was headed home already, I just want to make sure Im not deactivated within the first week :/ theres so much I need to learn. From what Ive read, theres no way to know if the people pinging you are headed your direction (to or from my full time job) or not, correct? Is there anyway around that?
No problem. You don’t need to decline the rides when you are in DF. Even after your first drop off, the next ping is still towards your destination. Good luck

Mista T

Author
Full timer here. I don't have any problems with part timers. The drivers I have a problem with are the ones who just look at a small piece of the puzzle then assume that their situation is how it is for everyone. Examples:

I make $30/hr, I don't see what everyone problem is.

I NEVER have problems with pax at (locations) or (during certain hours).

U/L always pay me my fees, don't understand people who say they steal from you. You must be trying to cheat the system.

911 Guy

The only drivers I have issues with are light loiterers. If you are first at a red light, it is your responsibility to move quickly after making sure there isn't a jack wagon running it.

Not sure if I'm FT, PT, or mostly retired.