So who was it?

Just Another Uber Drive

Saturday night just before midnight I was at ONT to pick up my wife. As I was crossing the street to the terminal a white Prius came driving down the street going in the wrong direction. He then made a u-turn and started to park at the cab stand of terminal 4. Then he pulled out and made a u-turn going in the wrong direction once more and tried to go in to the parking lot, then he backed out and drove away.

There was no trade dress on display, but I just know it was an Uber.

Amsoil Uber Connect

Although I drive a white car it wasn't me. :biggrin: However I did pull the blunder in DT Riverside a couple of weeks ago, about 3 or 4pm. :oopsies: Lucky for me no one was coming and made an imediate left into a parking lot. I thought nice recovery as the lot went straight through to the street I needed to be on.

Just Another Uber Drive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This guy actually waved at me. I think he thought I was his pax. I was staring at him because he was driving the wrong way on a one-way street. I don't think he ever realized he was driving in the wrong direction.

It's one thing to snag a pick up from a prohibited airport, but to do it while driving the wrong way down a one-way street is just embarrassing for us all.

Amsoil Uber Connect

See that's the great thing about ONT AP. It's so laid back the cops usually don't see a thing.

Well cept that one time I dropped someone off at the far west end terminal, no one was even there and the cop is trying to give me crap about dropping at the crosswalk. I'm like right buddy and drove away while he is giving the pax an ear full. smh.

Just Another Uber Drive

See that's the great thing about ONT AP. It's so laid back the cops usually don't see a thing.

Well cept that one time I dropped someone off at the far west end terminal, no one was even there and the cop is trying to give me crap about dropping at the crosswalk. I'm like right buddy and drove away while he is giving the pax an ear full. smh.
I only worry about the cab drivers there.

Honestly though, we should go in to airplane mode anytime we cross the geofence unless doing a drop off.

Remember a month or two back getting texts about staying away from prohibited airports? I think we're being tracked for violations and could face repercussions from Uber at some point. Lyft for sure, as I got yelled at, incorrectly, for being near an airport during a nearby drop off.

I just start trips after I cross Guasti.

Amsoil Uber Connect

Yeah I wondered about that a month ago as I did a pick up at Amazon out there. But then it was an uber. Never heard a word about it.

I rarely get a trip from the AP and tell those I drop to make there way to the car rental for there return trip home.

Just Another Uber Drive

Yeah I wondered about that a month ago as I did a pick up at Amazon out there. But then it was an uber. Never heard a word about it.

I rarely get a trip from the AP and tell those I drop to make there way to the car rental for there return trip home.
I've never heard from Uber either. And I've driven through ONT with the app online. But ever since that incident with Lyft out at Amazon I'm more cautious. I took the text messages as indicators that Uber and Lyft are getting outside pressure to keep us inline with airport regulations.