So where are all of these "paid" Uber shills?

IERide

I've seen, a dozen times or more people stating as fact that "paid" Uber shills are on this (or other) forums. And I've even been accused of being one myself when disagreeing with something stupid that someone posted.

So - does anyone have any actual factual data that shows that there really are paid Uber schills on this, or any other forum?

IERide

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yah, that's what I figured..
It seems that if you disagree with someone or point out why they're wrong you're either an Uber schill or a racist..

Rat

I've seen, a dozen times or more people stating as fact that "paid" Uber shills are on this (or other) forums. And I've even been accused of being one myself when disagreeing with something stupid that someone posted.

So - does anyone have any actual factual data that shows that there really are paid Uber schills on this, or any other forum?
Don't you get those "Earn referral bonus" blurbs in your app?

Another Uber Driver

does anyone have any actual factual data that shows that there really are paid Uber schills on this, or any other forum?
Where would anyone go to find such data?

It seems that if you disagree with someone or point out why they're wrong you're either an Uber schill or a racist..
It is the same as if you disagree with the Uber shills, you are "opposed to innovation", a "buggy whip manufacturer" or a "taxi troll". I get called the last all the time, even though Uber does offer taxis in my market, I use the application and I drive UberX in addition to driving the taxi. I have had more than one poster tell me that I do not belong on these Boards.

agtg

You've heard of viral marketing, right? Well I'm about to coin a new phrase: Viral management.

Viral marketing has been used masterfully by most every major corporation in one way or another for well over a decade. It's such an important tool for corporations universities with marketing programs actually offer courses in it. Here is a UCLA online version:

http://ucla.uloop.com/online-course...Marketing-and-How-to-Craft-Contagious-Content

So what is viral management? It's when Uber execs sit around a table to craft media that addresses issues they face regarding driver conduct and rider satisfaction.

They hire a "spokes-person" who will appeal to the demographics of their drivers, and they make pretend videos to give advice to Uber drivers. Youtube is filled with this crap.

A forum works no different, it's just all text presented by a forum persona. Some of these personas invest time to rub elbows, others are simply sock accounts to cheerlead by hitting the like button and create a facade of support for whatever viral management their pushing.

Most people are so sound asleep through media manipulation, in general, they don't have the crap-detectors to sniff this stuff out. There have been so many phoney posts meant to "guide" and "influence" drivers as to how to conduct themselves in just the last two months, it's absolutely silly.

One of the trademarks of such a post is that it almost immediately gets 4 or 5 likes from other shilly monikers or absolute unknowns who never ever post.