• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

So what's the deal with the new toll on driving in Manhattan below 96th st?

Salvi

Speaking of tolls...did all the tolls go up or something? Tolls to NJ ? If so we are getting reimbursed the wrong amount for tolls.

Zubera

Speaking of tolls...did all the tolls go up or something? Tolls to NJ ? If so we are getting reimbursed the wrong amount for tolls.
He's talking about that MTA tax ( known as congestion fee) for every pickup in Manhattan bellow 96th st. Lol

Vishnu643

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Drivers on this blog protested so they can love manhattan all day everyday for free :confused::rolleyes:
Boo! You Manhattan lubbers suck. I don't want to have no excuse NOT to take a pax to Manhattan

jtd617

Drivers on this blog protested so they can love manhattan all day everyday for free :confused::rolleyes:
i dont LOVE manhattan by any means but facts are no matter what borough u work the most some times u r gonna get stuck there. i dont want to have to be responsible for any more ezpass bs. i already call them 2-3 x a week bcuz i dont have auto withdrawal for me its bcuz my time is valuable im against this stupid toll.​

Hackenstein

130,000 Ubers added to NYC while yellows lost 2000 (130,000 vs 11,000), and they want to charge yellows a fee for creating 'congestion.'

After yellows paid for Medallions which are themselves a limit on numbers, and based on environmental impact studies.

Psycho.

Last edited:

Lenny_yellow_cab

130,000 Ubers added to NYC while yellows lost 2000 (130,000 vs 11,000), and they want to charge yellows a fee for creating 'congestion.'

After yellows paid for Medallions which are themselves a limit on numbers, and based on environmental impact studies.

Psycho.
I would go even further to say there are even less yellows on the road. :eek:

Uberinghonda

Psycho.
What about the green cabs that were brought into the city, after uber came into town?

Hackenstein

They list them every month on their web site.
Not really. 1000-2000 are sitting on the shelf due to bankruptcies etc.

What about the green cabs that were brought into the city, after uber came into town?
The city planned to sell a whole lot more. Not sure how those guys are making money but there are some around.

There was a news item about a doctor who invested in a bunch of green cabs (someone else managed it) and they just sat on the lot, no drivers.

LiveNLearn

Not really. 1000-2000 are sitting on the shelf due to bankruptcies etc.

The city planned to sell a whole lot more. Not sure how those guys are making money but there are some around.

There was a news item about a doctor who invested in a bunch of green cabs (someone else managed it) and they just sat on the lot, no drivers.
Yea those greens are dead in the water. I only see them piled up at certain train stations

The manhattan love is real. Had a trip out there today. The f'in swarm is real. Had a couple 20 minute 7 dollar rides and got the frek outta there asap. I usually turn off apps and bounce , guess i tried cuase it was sunday with less traffic ...but still awful waste of time.

Funny tho , in the city you see more and more higher #s T77 , T78 , T79. Everybody learns the hard way and figures it out eventually I guess.