So what do I do to guarantee my $15 minimum for lost and found pax item? On Lyft

k4ever

Pax left his keychain with like 10 keys and a mini cooper remote as well. That was 4 hours ago, and Lyft hasnt contacted me yet (pax hasnt reported the lost item yet). Should I wait for them to contact me first, or should I let them know myself first?
I picked the guy just 3 miles away from my home, and theres a police station just half a mile from me as well. I just dont want to report I found an item, and then have the pax pull something saying something like he never received the item back, and then I wouldnt get paid anything.

MOJAVE MADMAN

Pax left his keychain with like 10 keys and a mini cooper remote as well. That was 4 hours ago, and Lyft hasnt contacted me yet (pax hasnt reported the lost item yet). Should I wait for them to contact me first, or should I let them know myself first?
I picked the guy just 3 miles away from my home, and theres a police station just half a mile from me as well. I just dont want to report I found an item, and then have the pax pull something saying something like he never received the item back, and then I wouldnt get paid anything.
Drive by his house and activate the alarm then keep driving and chuck the keys in the LA river

That will be worth more than the 15 dollars

Carbuncle

Just wait until you hear from Lyft.

Always.

k4ever

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What if the pax lies and says he never got it? Will Lyft still pay? I guess they take the money from pax.

MOJAVE MADMAN

What if the pax lies and says he never got it? Will Lyft still pay? I guess they take the money from pax.
Leave the app on when you return it

They can track your location and it would be very unlikely you actually drive there and not return it

You could always secretly record the return for evidence

k4ever

I was just thinking in dropping them at the popo house after reporting it to Lyft, but I dont think I would get the $15.
Pax still hasnt reported it, yet.

uberist

Picked him up from home? Cooper in the driveway? You have all his keys?

SMOTY

How do you know whose keys they are unless they claim it? Just hope they contact you. Other than that try not to worry too much for a measly 15$. If you’re that worried about the guy not having the keys go return it as a good deed. Don’t what if this what if that. And take my advice move on!

Bartolovski

Why didn’t you report to Lyft? They could let the pax know so you could get your $15.

k4ever

I talked to the pax, and Ill meet him tomorrow for the return. He tipped me $6, plus Ill get the $15 return fee.
Now, I didnt see an icon next to that particular ride saying "lost item", but I still pressed the "claim return fee" on the help section. Do I get the fee on my next billing cycle or right away? Because I dont see anything yet on my earnings tab.

Carbuncle

I talked to the pax, and Ill meet him tomorrow for the return. He tipped me $6, plus Ill get the $15 return fee.
Now, I didnt see an icon next to that particular ride saying "lost item", but I still pressed the "claim return fee" on the help section. Do I get the fee on my next billing cycle or right away? Because I dont see anything yet on my earnings tab.
Make sure you get it.

Workerant18

I once video the time when I give the phone back to the Pax. So no need to argue. Pax didn't care that I video the process.

k4ever

Cool, but do I get the $15 right away or on the next billing cycle?