So. Uber has lowered our fares again.

Nicholas Bailey

Has everyone gotten this email? Marketing or is Uber sticking it to the drivers?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 11.52.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 11.52.57 AM.png
    16 KB · Views: 102
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 11.53.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 11.53.07 AM.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 92

kevin dang

yup...damn sucks..

i never get email or my taxes yet..

well i dont care about uberx i only do uberxl/select did they drop price on xl and select too?

or just uberx?

This is not marketing. Here in Jersey it's $20 hr. prime time, $15 all other.. Allegedly to encourage demand and then a with the first snow event comes another e-mail that demand will be "off the charts" so get out there and make us (Uber) some $$

ATX 22

XL took a hit,too. Select didn't...yet. This is the new normal. Don't expect rates to do anything but get even lower.
Uber off!

SATX

No uberPool; but, yes, Übers new "feature" to add a new ride when nearing a destination can have "interesting" consequences.

Since I have my "Partner" app set to flash, (accessibility setting within the app) the app lights up like a disco party and I get some interesting looks from passengers. This is especially the case when they've entered an incorrect destination into the app; I've failed to correct it; and, we pass near the false destination which happens to be a hot spot.

Nicholas Bailey

Did anyone have issues with the app last night? I had it drop 6 or 7 SELECT rides, I would accept, then go to maps, and I would get a ride canceled notification. This continued after rebooting the app and eventually my phone.

kevin dang

omg XL sucks now! its like $1 a mile after all the fee taken by uber =(...

25minutes...15mile ride..got $23 after all the fee... <-- this use to be like $34-36$

kevin dang

Did anyone have issues with the app last night? I had it drop 6 or 7 SELECT rides, I would accept, then go to maps, and I would get a ride canceled notification. This continued after rebooting the app and eventually my phone.
this is not a bug this is a rider/driver trolling you. it happen to me before..i got a select request 12minute pick up...i was 1 minute away then cancel very piss off

GodU

I got a txt message from uber today saying i have more rides canceled than most drivers............it put me in a mood, being as i make sooooo little from the rides and have NO way of controlling how, why, or if a person decides to cancel, sometimes they cancel and uber doesn't even tell me until i have turned around, backtracked, sat in traffic 10 minutes and gotten to the location, what a joke..............i don't cancel the rides "the rider does", for whatever reason. what does uber care they keep the 10$ any way, and only about 1% of the time do i make a share of the cancelation fee

Realityshark

You're just a quitter. No integrity in that. Stay fight and try to make a difference. That's what makes a real man. Yes still working for pennies but at least we still in the process. Win or loose doesn't matter. It's the journey. The process. Quitters are irrelevant

The above quote is from zanememjade on a different post ranting about quitters. This guy is a troll just looking for conflict. He has no integrity and his posts are worthless as he is on this page advising someone to quit. Just another troll looking for attention.

SATX

If the ping was from a single location, another possibility is that a driver has just been told that their vehicle has been approved for uberSELECT. Out of desperation, they try to see if they can get a SELECT ping. On more than one occasion I have contacted the offender who apologized. However, I also have had a drunk male confess that he was hoping for a "hot chic"...good thing he got me instead.

Last edited: