So this just happened.

tamalama

Total bummer. A pedestrian walked out ..I had green (Third and Wall) and the dude behind me wasn't paying attention. Had a pax. The guy that hit me wanted to fix my car. Don't think so. The entire trunk is buckled ...possibly totalled. This is my only income right now. Anyone need some housekeeping services :smiles:

Attachments

Another Uber Driver

You did, of course, grab the small of your back and the back of your neck and made a wincing face when the police arrived, correct?

Sorry for your loss. The other guy's insurance company is going to do everything that it can to pay you as little as possible or even to pay you nothing. If you sign anything, know what you are signing.

tamalama

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am definitely in pain already. The doctor said that I will be really sore for a couple of weeks at least. He hit me very very hard. I thought for sure when I opened my eyes the homeless dude was going to be in my windshield. Thank goodness he was okay. The pax was from out of the country and didn't want to be bothered with an ambulance but he was clearly hurting too. Thanks for your advice.

Beur

Looks like a newer car and the damage appears to be less than 70% of the current value which means it'll get fixed not totaled.

If you have a friend who works for a body shop take it there and have him estimate the cost of repairs higher than 70% of the cars value. Never allow the insurance company to choose the repair shop.

tamalama

Looks like a newer car and the damage appears to be less than 70% of the current value which means it'll get fixed not totaled.

If you have a friend who works for a body shop take it there and have him estimate the cost of repairs higher than 70% of the cars value. Never allow the insurance company to choose the repair shop.
We are car folks...my husband restores cars. We know a few peeps in the industry...thank you very much for the offer.

Ubertimes

Total bummer. A pedestrian walked out ..I had green (Third and Wall) and the dude behind me wasn't paying attention. Had a pax. The guy that hit me wanted to fix my car. Don't think so. The entire trunk is buckled ...possibly totalled. This is my only income right now. Anyone need some housekeeping services :smiles:
Sorry about the wreck
I could never understand why people scribbles out their license plate?
When I drive behind you I can see your license plate all day Why not scribble it out, so you can go through all the fl tolls you want Scott free

Last edited:

ptuberx

I feel your pain, modern cars are made with "crumple zones," as I am sure you are obviously well-aware of, all over the place, to protect the driver. The very first day I started Uber, this happened: I was stopped at a red light, no passengers, and I got rear-ended by someone who was "distracted" and apparently never even saw the intersection. I drive a full-frame vehicle with immaculate interior. She was driving a 2012 Ford Focus. Damage? I have some crumpled paint on my rear bumper. Her damage? $8000+, maybe a total loss. The whole front of her car was destroyed, all of it. She ate the airbag. The main cosmetic damage to my car was a rear bumper cover with some crinkled paint damage, and a small section that popped in, which I easily popped out. The other damage was my passenger-side exhaust, which was bent. I drove 1 mile down the road to Midas and paid a guy with a torch to heat it up and bend it back into place. $50. The owner's insurance adjuster came out and looked at my car, and cut me a check for $2900... Besides the paint on the bumper, there was no structural damage to any of the panels.

I encourage people to drive vehicles that are built to withstand an impact. It almost seems necessary doing this job. However at the same time, I am sorry that you got rear-ended by someone, as I have a few times. At the end of the day, it is their fault. I hope that you have no lingering physical effects and recover quickly from this.

Luckily at the time, I was not Ubering with a passenger.

Last edited:

Fuzzyelvis

I feel your pain, modern cars are made with "crumple zones," as I am sure you are obviously well-aware of, all over the place, to protect the driver. The very first day I started Uber, this happened: I was stopped at a red light, no passengers, and I got rear-ended by someone who was "distracted" and apparently never even saw the intersection. I drive a full-frame 2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor with immaculate interior. She was driving a 2012 Ford Focus. Damage? I have some crumpled paint on my rear bumper. Her damage? $8000+, maybe a total loss. The whole front of her car was destroyed, all of it. She ate the airbag. The main cosmetic damage to my car was a rear bumper cover with some crinkled paint damage, and a small section that popped in, which I easily popped out. The other damage was my passenger-side exhaust, which was bent. I drove 1 mile down the road to Midas and paid a guy with a torch to heat it up and bend it back into place. $50. The owner's insurance adjuster came out and looked at my car, and cut me a check for $2900... Besides the paint on the bumper, there was no structural damage to any of the panels.

I encourage people to drive vehicles that are built to withstand an impact. It almost seems necessary doing this job. However at the same time, I am sorry that you got rear-ended by someone, as I have a few times. At the end of the day, it is their fault. I hope that you have no lingering physical effects and recover quickly from this.
I used to drive a 1969 Cadillac. I got rearended (while sitting at a red light) by a Camaro. I had NO damage. The chrome on the bumper was so thick and the bumper so solid there wasn't even a scratch. His front end (fiberglass) was completely demolished. After I pulled forward and got my trailer hitch from where it was stuck through his hood and made sure my shiny chrome was unharmed I left him sitting in a pool of coolant at the light. He kept saying he hit me "really hard." I barely felt the impact.

A few years ago I had a newer car that was totalled and it was barely anything of a collision (Ford Focus). It doesn't take much to total a car these days.

tamalama

Uber is fun. They deactivated me because of the accident ....got a rental...dirty af...and I lost all of my incentives but have to pay for the rental. So...I tried to stay near home and OC to avoid DTLA today. I was warned to to take a vacay ...I just wish I could. Got the rental. I will win ...I WILL EFFING win if it kills me. Picking up a taser and I will brave the late...wish me luck and send me good juju.

tamalama

oh man. I'm sorry! This is sooo annoying! Good luck!!
Beyond anno
I used to drive a 1969 Cadillac. I got rearended (while sitting at a red light) by a Camaro. I had NO damage. The chrome on the bumper was so thick and the bumper so solid there wasn't even a scratch. His front end (fiberglass) was completely demolished. After I pulled forward and got my trailer hitch from where it was stuck through his hood and made sure my shiny chrome was unharmed I left him sitting in a pool of coolant at the light. He kept saying he hit me "really hard." I barely felt the impact.

A few years ago I had a newer car that was totalled and it was barely anything of a collision (Ford Focus). It doesn't take much to total a car these days.
I Drag Race. I appreciate the early models....and I freaking love chrome. That being said.....I do love this car. I don't want to shift anymore unless I am at about 7 grand. Gettin old and I do believe that this car saved me.

Rick N.

Probably another a$$h0l3 playing pokemon,i see people driving and playing all the time, wish i could take their phones and throw it at their faces really hard.