So this is supposed to make me come back to drive for Uber?

Bart McCoy

I can't get jiggy with this
Don't think I can come back until they bring back the old surge style
plus they lowered rates?
I saw some post with people making a thousand a week. I don't see how that could be humanly possible without working 70+ hours and driving to California and back each week

Attachments

Another Uber Driver

The latest Bright Idea To Take Money From Drivers involves replacing Quests and Consecutive Trip bonuses with guarantees. I took a survey for my twenty banana Amazondotcom Gift Card that asked me all numbers of questions about guarantees and presented more than a few sample guarantees. Not one of the hypothetical guarantees was worth the whale poo-poo on the bottom of the ocean. Some of the questions asked you to pick the "best" one out out of several presented. That was a case of poor word choice. Socratic Technologies should have asked "Which one is the least sorry of the bunch?". (I knew that there was more than one reason why I do not do Socratic Dialectic--even these questions were twisted so as to allow cooking and spin). The next question often was to choose how likely such a guarantee would make you drive Uber more. I always made the choice that indicated that this guarantee would make me driver UberX less.

The least sorry of the guarantees worked out to about an eleven dollar per trip average, but, required a high number of trips. At the number of trips presented, you could easily hit that on your own.

There were other questions and room for comments. I did tell them that if they wanted drivers to drive more, they needed to:

A. Stop paying people to stay up nights figuring out new ways to take money from drivers.
B. Pay some decent rates instead of the sorry-[donkey] rates that they currently pay. I stressed the sorry rates as Issue Numero Uno.
C Restore the Multiplier Surge Pay.
D. Stop with the lies, spin, bullshit and fake news--stop treating drivers as if they were idiots or children.

It appears that they are learning something from Lyft and its sorry-[donkey] guarantees. Even Fubar knows that there IS a reason that people call it "Gryft".

The only decent guarantees from Uber that I ever have seen have been those offered to Uber Taxi drivers. The last one of those was when they wanted Uber Taxi drivers to cover X trips. They offered us a REALLY NICE guarantee. There was an seventy-five, or something like that, per-cent acceptance rate attached to it, but, for what Uber was offering, they would have gotten a one hundred per-cent acceptance rate from me. Unfortunately, I could not accept it, because Uber had failed to make the necessary arrangements with the regulators, particullary in regard to high-flagging.

Uber actually does treat the Uber Taxi drivers better than it does the X drivers. We were the last ones still to have Stateside Driver Support. I do wish that Uber would do more to promote Uber Taxi, though.

Nats121

@New2This had me ROTFL when he said if a prospective member of the Uber Driver Advisory Board puts money in their top 20 list of concerns their application gets thrown in the wastebasket.

Another Uber Driver

if a prospective member of the Uber Driver Advisory Board puts money in their top 20 list of concerns their application gets thrown in the wastebasket.
Fubar did send me the application to come to San Francisco this year. There was a questionnaire. One of the first questions (if not the first), was what I thought was the most important issue facing the drivers. I told them in no uncertain terms that the garbage pay and the paying of people to stay up nights figuring out ways to take money from drivers was the ONLY issue. I concluded by stating that because I mentioned pay, I will not be invited to San Francisco.