So next goes tipping option?

LoveBC

The 180 days logo IS A CIRCLE, makes sense!
180 days of going in a &%[email protected]!*ing circle. Bunch of clowns.

We've only had 6dfs for what a month?? Prior to a few months ago most of the country didn't even have dfs. We'll live. It's Uber that's writing its own endgame. Every 5* rider you get, find out if they're new to Uber, tell them how Uber is ripping them off. Every long trip out of LAX, make sure they know Uber is screwing them and us at the same time. The only way they will change is if public opinion turns on them, it only takes one offended person to start the fire.

kevin046

We've only had 6dfs for what a month?? Prior to a few months ago most of the country didn't even have dfs. We'll live. It's Uber that's writing its own endgame. Every 5* rider you get, find out if they're new to Uber, tell them how Uber is ripping them off. Every long trip out of LAX, make sure they know Uber is screwing them and us at the same time. The only way they will change is if public opinion turns on them, it only takes one offended person to start the fire.

Yes we had 6 DF's for about 2 months only but it has made a WORLD of a difference for me and my driving technique/scheduling/staying in certain zones, areas etc. before the 6 DF's I was driving around all over the place , sometimes ending up in areas I didn't want to be in with no surge or even boost and then would have to deadmile it all the way back and sometimes in insane traffic which would make me lose money, more wear and tear and gas money , more hours on the road = miserable. At least the 6 DF's I was able to drive smarter and maximize some earnings in less time, miles and wear and tear on the car.

This job sucks but it sucked more before. In the last 2 months it was bearable at least. Now it goes back to being BRUTAL again :frown:

RUSSREED2.0

Yes we had 6 DF's for about 2 months only but it has made a WORLD of a difference for me and my driving technique/scheduling/staying in certain zones, areas etc. before the 6 DF's I was driving around all over the place , sometimes ending up in areas I didn't want to be in with no surge or even boost and then would have to deadmile it all the way back and sometimes in insane traffic which would make me lose money, more wear and tear and gas money , more hours on the road = miserable. At least the 6 DF's I was able to drive smarter and maximize some earnings in less time, miles and wear and tear on the car.

This job sucks but it sucked more before. In the last 2 months it was bearable at least. Now it goes back to being BRUTAL again :frown:
I know wait times were NOT long. Drivers were making more money. Uber was getting cut out.

Julescase

Speaking of wait times, pax are getting more and more spoiled and impatient if you ask me. I accepted a ping yesterday, I was *literally* around the corner from the pickup location. My sister called right after I accepted the ping (I had been waiting for the call and had to take it) so I pulled over and we spoke for about 50-60 seconds. I hung up and my pax (who at this point had been waiting for 1 whole minute) had texted me "are you on your way?" I didn't respond and I thought to myself "ugh - he can't even wait 60 seconds " so I drive 10 seconds around the corner, pick up pax (maybe 2 minutes had passed since I first accepted his ping) and after getting in my car he said in a totally exasperated and annoyed tone "is everything ok? Your car was just sitting there not moving on the street- what happened?" and I was like "I'm not sure what you mean - I just received the ping about a minute or two ago" TWO MINUTES HAD PASSED SINCE HE ORDERED THE EFFING RIDE! I wanted to say "@@@@ OFF, you @@@@@@@! You ordered the damn ride 2 frigging minutes ago!" I didn't tell him I was on the phone because it was a 60 second phone call and he was being so obnoxiously anal and nitpicky that I didn't want to even tell him and give him any ammunition.

The 4 minute ride was semi-awkward after that, not that I care, but really, he was annoyed at having to wait 2 minutes? Do these people have nothing better to do than watch their Uber drivers on the app? Get a life! Text a friend! Read something that will improve your damn character! Leave me the F alone!

LoveBC

Text/calls like that should get canceled, or just sit there longer and then cancel

Speaking of wait times, pax are getting more and more spoiled and impatient if you ask me. I accepted a ping yesterday, I was *literally* around the corner from the pickup location. My sister called right after I accepted the ping (I had been waiting for the call and had to take it) so I pulled over and we spoke for about 50-60 seconds. I hung up and my pax (who at this point had been waiting for 1 whole minute) had texted me "are you on your way?" I didn't respond and I thought to myself "ugh - he can't even wait 60 seconds " so I drive 10 seconds around the corner, pick up pax (maybe 2 minutes had passed since I first accepted his ping) and after getting in my car he said in a totally exasperated and annoyed tone "is everything ok? Your car was just sitting there not moving on the street- what happened?" and I was like "I'm not sure what you mean - I just received the ping about a minute or two ago" TWO MINUTES HAD PASSED SINCE HE ORDERED THE EFFING RIDE! I wanted to say "&%[email protected]!* OFF, you @@@@@@@! You ordered the damn ride 2 frigging minutes ago!" I didn't tell him I was on the phone because it was a 60 second phone call and he was being so obnoxiously anal and nitpicky that I didn't want to even tell him and give him any ammunition.

The 4 minute ride was semi-awkward after that, not that I care, but really, he was annoyed at having to wait 2 minutes? Do these people have nothing better to do than watch their Uber drivers on the app? Get a life! Text a friend! Read something that will improve your damn character! Leave me the F alone!

kevin046

Speaking of wait times, pax are getting more and more spoiled and impatient if you ask me. I accepted a ping yesterday, I was *literally* around the corner from the pickup location. My sister called right after I accepted the ping (I had been waiting for the call and had to take it) so I pulled over and we spoke for about 50-60 seconds. I hung up and my pax (who at this point had been waiting for 1 whole minute) had texted me "are you on your way?" I didn't respond and I thought to myself "ugh - he can't even wait 60 seconds " so I drive 10 seconds around the corner, pick up pax (maybe 2 minutes had passed since I first accepted his ping) and after getting in my car he said in a totally exasperated and annoyed tone "is everything ok? Your car was just sitting there not moving on the street- what happened?" and I was like "I'm not sure what you mean - I just received the ping about a minute or two ago" TWO MINUTES HAD PASSED SINCE HE ORDERED THE EFFING RIDE! I wanted to say "&%[email protected]!* OFF, you @@@@@@@! You ordered the damn ride 2 frigging minutes ago!" I didn't tell him I was on the phone because it was a 60 second phone call and he was being so obnoxiously anal and nitpicky that I didn't want to even tell him and give him any ammunition.

These paxholes are super ENTITLED here. We live in the land of entitlement :frown:

LoveBC

Back in my ant days I cancelled on some drunk @@@@@ in Santa Ana during a 2.9 surge after she called three times to ask where I was. No regrets leaving her ass stranded. Pulled over and sat two more minutes and sent text "Rude people don't get picked up"

KMANDERSON

I guess we will never see the new feature they were testing out that keep you in a certain area
Screenshot_20170928-013108.png

Reactions: MHR

Lady Driver LBC

I'da put his assets back on the street, like "Maybe you'd like to wait for another driver, one who'll come in one minute?" Jerk.

LinnyVan

Totally agree with you

Yellowmamba24

Riders dgaf about us drivers...As long they get their cheap fares...They will read that Uber took out the 6DFs bcuz of longer wait times for pax and they will side with UBER...
It's us drivers VS the world lol :|

RUSSREED2.0

If someone can't wait 5 minutes you don't want them in your car!