So much negativity

RantNot

I don't understand why so many people continue to drive for uber if it pays less than minimum wage, it has this much wear and tear on their vehicle, passengers don't tip etc etc... First off, realize you are doing a "job" for a privelage most teenagers attain at the age of 16. Next, many of you contractors drive like you just obtained your license at 16. Rolling through a stop sign, right turn on red before coming to a complete stop. So many complaints about recent pay cuts but, at what point do you realize you are contracted to perform a job for which skills are easily attained and performed from that of a teen. Secondly, do not do contract work with a vehicle you do not own outright. Still owe 5 figures on that auto loan? Do not work for "less than minimum wage". For people who complain about not being tipped.. How often do you tip your server 20%? Good service garners a 20 percent tip. Great service more and mediocre service less. So, don't complain about riders who don't tip if you arent providing water, a cell phone charger, mints, control of the music. And if you are still not being tipped remember that Uber created that culture of not tipping because its included! Don't like it? Why not get out? Lastly, the majority of you were not driving for a living or for an income at all before UberX came along. You think your pocket is hurting? The black car ride drivers once made a good living off the demand. Imagine how their income has been reduced because a driver with a so so driving record and ten year old vehicle has come along. Before you complain or vent take in these arguments. I will also add I have done 200+ UberX rides and 30+ Black car rides.

RantNot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A little bit of background for you.. I was a bartender in a higher end fine dining establishment. So I'm literally providing great not just "decent" service for my clientele.. Working for my "tip". Have you ever waited on people Disgusted Driver?

Disgusted Driver

I have not. I have done a variety of customer service positions when younger but none of them in a tipping capacity.

I believe I provide excellent service to my pax, particularly when given the opportunity. I have had many of them gush about it and thank me, even leave 5 star comments but that did not earn a gratuity.

By the way, you seem to imply that only "higher end" "great" service is worthy of a tip, should someone in a midlevel establishment or waffle house for example, not get a gratuity? Should Uber actively discourage people from doing so by either blatantly lying (up to three years ago) or actively misleading. I'm going to stick with my opinion that I think you are cheap and entitled.

RantNot

I'm not in any way supporting the pay cuts. But to go above and beyond is where the money is. I grew up in a cheap household. So "entitled" is far from my vocabulary. And I've watched million dollar athletes tip average on a bill.

RantNot

None of my occupations ever involved me sitting on my ass. I've always hustled for my tips while being played 4.85 an hour.

Hey now

So you are saying that me risking my life on the dangerous Phx roads isn't providing a service that shouldn't be tipped but you handing a waitress or a guy sitting on a stool a beer deserves a 20% tip? I get it, it tough mixing that sex on the beach. Hell, if you don't make that drink just right, our rich upper class citizens will cause havoc on the world. Thank you for your service serving rich people drinks. You make the world a better place!

tohunt4me

I don't understand why so many people continue to drive for uber if it pays less than minimum wage, it has this much wear and tear on their vehicle, passengers don't tip etc etc... First off, realize you are doing a "job" for a privelage most teenagers attain at the age of 16. Next, many of you contractors drive like you just obtained your license at 16. Rolling through a stop sign, right turn on red before coming to a complete stop. So many complaints about recent pay cuts but, at what point do you realize you are contracted to perform a job for which skills are easily attained and performed from that of a teen. Secondly, do not do contract work with a vehicle you do not own outright. Still owe 5 figures on that auto loan? Do not work for "less than minimum wage". For people who complain about not being tipped.. How often do you tip your server 20%? Good service garners a 20 percent tip. Great service more and mediocre service less. So, don't complain about riders who don't tip if you arent providing water, a cell phone charger, mints, control of the music. And if you are still not being tipped remember that Uber created that culture of not tipping because its included! Don't like it? Why not get out? Lastly, the majority of you were not driving for a living or for an income at all before UberX came along. You think your pocket is hurting? The black car ride drivers once made a good living off the demand. Imagine how their income has been reduced because a driver with a so so driving record and ten year old vehicle has come along. Before you complain or vent take in these arguments. I will also add I have done 200+ UberX rides and 30+ Black car rides.
200 + 30.
Nice
So what was your point ?

tohunt4me

A little bit of background for you.. I was a bartender in a higher end fine dining establishment. So I'm literally providing great not just "decent" service for my clientele.. Working for my "tip". Have you ever waited on people Disgusted Driver?
Was ?

RantNot

I never said you shouldn't be tipped. If uber creates that culture why embrace it? My clientele wasn't just the "rich". I've kicked people out of my bar pan handling and starting domestic spats. I could get knifed or drawn into a physical altercation. Why is driving people home anymore dangerous than having to refuse them a drink if they are in a drunk and disorderly state?

Reversoul

Too long...I'll wait for the movie.