• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

So Lyft maxes out at a 45+ minutes warning?

Funnyhead88

Haven't picked up at Logan in a few weeks, but I recall on a Thursday night this summer, maybe four or five Lyft pings out of six were 30+.

At least Lyft, unlike Uber, still shows longer trip warnings while at Logan?

But I accepted a recent Children's Hospital ping of 45+ on Lyft...and it went to Springfield. I guess they have a contract with Lyft now, to avoid the even costlier taxi voucher rides for patients going home on long trips. I completed it, got several pings in Springfield, but decided to drive back empty (not a wise financial move I was already aware of).

It would have been nice to be warned about a 60+, and certainly a 75+ or a 90+ ride. Seems Lyft caps all warnings at 45+, even if it's to NYC? Even Uber, perhaps?
I think all the hospitals have some sort of voucher rides. I have only seen 45+ for Lyft even though I have had 60 min+ rides before but I don’t know if that would change if you have gold status but then again you are basically capped at $300.

Ssgcraig

Do you mean because the college kids will head home for the holidays?
No, the bar will be raised for drivers. Drug testing, fingerprinting and the ending of driver shenanigans will thin the herd out. Drivers want to be employees, get ready to piss in a cup, or have a hair sample taken.

Well that’s okay in terms of I have nothing to worry about under those parameters. I don’t agree with wanting to be an employee though. That’s going to bite us all in the butt.

New2This

on lyft
in the airport all you are going to see is 30+
in the city i have never seen a 30+ only 45+

on uber in the airport you will not get a long trip notification
Lyft frequently overestimates the time of a trip so 30+ minute notification isn't even that.

Lyft also knows your habits. If you only accept long trips Lyft will throw the Long Trip Notification on your request in an attempt to get you to accept it. @yankdog, @Drakkor and I were at an airport here recently standing and talking. We were waiting for Uber pings but just letting Lyft pings expire. Interesting thing was that @yankdog would get a ping with no Long Trip Notification on it and let it expire. @Drakkor got the same ping a moment later with a Long Trip Notification on it. They were standing two feet from each other.

I'm not Uber Pro. Here on non-airport long trips I get both just the 45+ minute notification and occasionally the actual minutes (77 minute trip) on the incoming request.

The airport for Uber it's either 60+ minute or 120+ minute notification trips. Rarely will I get a precise minute estimate.

DONALDTRUMPSHAIR

No, the bar will be raised for drivers. Drug testing, fingerprinting and the ending of driver shenanigans will thin the herd out. Drivers want to be employees, get ready to piss in a cup, or have a hair sample taken.
I know of lots of employers that don't routinely drug test. Where have you been working?

E30addixt

We were waiting for Uber pings but just letting Lyft pings expire. Interesting thing was that @yankdog would get a ping with no Long Trip Notification on it and let it expire. @Drakkor got the same ping a moment later with a Long Trip Notification on it. They were standing two feet from each other.
I've noticed when a lot of people are spinning Lyft requests the system can't always keep up. Some pings come in with ride bonuses while others do not.