• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

So long destination filter, it's been nice knowing you...

Coachman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've always been one to speak favorably of Uber to riders. That changed today. I was on a roll.
Post automatically merged:

I actually had a good day today. Five long airport rides. I was in downtown Dallas, 30 miles from home, and set my destination filter. I got two nice rides on the way home. A 20 mile ride and a 7 mile ride.

Last edited:

goneubering

I've always been one to speak favorably of Uber to riders. That changed today. I was on a roll.

I actually had a good day today. Five long airport rides. I was in downtown Dallas, 30 miles from home, and set my destination filter. I got two nice rides on the way home. A 20 mile ride and a 7 mile ride.
Did you provide Uber with “valuable feedback”?

Nats121

Uber doesn't give a shit about their drivers. I'm so glad I kept that $82 mistake in my favor last month.

View attachment 304117
If uber simply didn't care about the drivers it would be a big step up.

Uber holds the drivers in utter contempt.

With the garbage rates in Dallas there was never a reason to speak favorably about uber to the pax.

UtherPenDragon

ever since I came back after surgery, incentives, time and mileage, and now destination adjusted? absurd always saying it is affecting other drivers......bullshit! I use to get 60 bucks for 55 rides now only $25, @@@@ that.

half the time destination makes me go backwards to pick up just to drive a few minutes passed the place I turned around to pick up rider, never works as it should.

reg barclay

Hope this isn't spreading, but i fear it might be. I actually got one of those messages that DF had been temporarily turned off, for the first time recently.

I don't know about others, but most of the time when I use DF it means that if not for the DF I wouldn't be online anyway. So taking it away won't really get me to take any rides I otherwise wouldn't have.

Uber doesn't give a shit about their drivers. I'm so glad I kept that $82 mistake in my favor last month.
My question here is even from a business point of view, how will taking away DF benefit them? Presumably Uber wants the max amount of drivers taking trips at any given time. Taking away DF will obviously make some drivers available for more trips, but conversely many drivers who would have used DF (e.g, those who only want to head home, or on a personal trip) will just stay offline. Even if they suspect the first factor outweighs the second, IMHO they could still modify how DF works rather than eliminate it.

touberornottouber

I always love how they pretend they are concerned about our earnings. YEAH RIGHT!!! Practically every single change they have made in the last couple years has been to benefit themselves at the expense of drivers. These people are true jerks and it is obvious they think of us drivers as literally being like human garbage.

Hope this isn't spreading, but i fear it might be. I actually got one of those messages that DF had been temporarily turned off, for the first time recently.

I don't know about others, but most of the time when I use DF it means that if not for the DF I wouldn't be online anyway. So taking it away won't really get me to take any rides I otherwise wouldn't have.

My question here is even from a business point of view, how will taking away DF benefit them? Presumably Uber wants the max amount of drivers taking trips at any given time. Taking away DF will obviously make some drivers available for more trips, but conversely many drivers who would have used DF (e.g, those who only want to head home, or on a personal trip) will just stay offline. Even if they suspect the first factor outweighs the second, IMHO they could still modify how DF works rather than eliminate it.
They are just jerks and control freaks. Why did they work so hard to discourage tipping for so many years? Would it have hurt them any if the drivers got tipped an extra buck or two?

It just seems obvious that the people there at Uber aren't normal people with human empathy. They seem to think they are better than everyone else and that drivers are garbage who deserve to live in constant abject poverty and uncertainty. To them they probably think the Destination Filter is "too good for us" and that it probably "complicates the dispatch algorithm" too much to the point where it is an annoyance to their programmers.

Here in my market I often go 4-5 hours without a ping (while getting 12 pings from Lyft in that time). Why? What is in it for them to do that? The answer is the same: they are just jerks....

Last edited:

Ubergaldrivet

I agree, no more driving folks on my way to and from work anymore.

Rakos

I always love how they pretend they are concerned about our earnings. YEAH RIGHT!!! Practically every single change they have made in the last couple years has been to benefit themselves at the expense of drivers. These people are true jerks and it is obvious they think of us drivers as literally being like human garbage.

They are just jerks and control freaks. Why did they work so hard to discourage tipping for so many years? Would it have hurt them any if the drivers got tipped an extra buck or two?

It just seems obvious that the people there at Uber aren't normal people with human empathy. They seem to think they are better than everyone else and that drivers are garbage who deserve to live in constant abject poverty and uncertainty. To them they probably think the Destination Filter is "too good for us" and that it probably "complicates the dispatch algorithm" too much to the point where it is an annoyance to their programmers.

Here in my market I often go 4-5 hours without a ping (while getting 12 pings from Lyft in that time). Why? What is in it for them to do that? The answer is the same: they are just jerks....

When you realize that this is...

The result of allowing the AI...

to determine the operations...

and resultant solutions...8>O

The monkey predicts that one day...

Artificial Intelligence (a true oxymoron)...

Will one day be outlawed...8>O

Great idea butt lousy implementation...8>)

Kinda like self driving Uber cars...

Rakos
Copy of 05da1386206ec30c459f92476762fba0--leipzig-germany-leipzig-zoo.jpg

Another Uber Driver

Saw it today in Charlotte too.........just another reason as to why I quite rideshare...........

Thank you for the "heads up". This adds substance to our suspicions in Washington that it will go nationwide.

If uber simply didn't care about the drivers it would be a big step up.
^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In the beginning we had 6, then they cut it down to 2. Now I'm wondering if we'll get cut again.

Perhaps even Uber realises that it has cut our pay too much, FOR NOW. It has to cut SOMETHING. Perhaps this is the choice.

The monkey predicts that one day...Artificial Intelligence (a true oxymoron)...
Will one day be outlawed..
Frank Herbert wrote about its being banned.

DriverMark

Live 30 minutes south of Salt Lake and the airport. There is a large business complex with a lot of tech companies and other businesses. My start of EVERY day after 5:00 is DF to the airport. If they take that away, will cause serious issues. Getting a ride the opposite way from the airport KILLS my revenue for the night. As I now have to drive empty not only BACK to where I started, but if I don't get an airport ride or ride going north before 6:30, then I'm driving empty north toward downtown/airport.

Uber will not be turned on and will take my chances with Lyft DF. Seriously, I've gotten a 20-30 minute ride the wrong direction when I didn't use DF and I generally just call it a night and go back home as I have lost hour half to 2 hours of being profitable for 1 ride. Which means 1 more driver off the road where it's actually busy in the evenings.

And not even getting into concerts, sporting games, etc where it's very useful as well.

ZenUber

Thank you for the "heads up". This adds substance to our suspicions in Washington that it will go nationwide.

^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perhaps even Uber realises that it has cut our pay too much, FOR NOW. It has to cut SOMETHING. Perhaps this is the choice.

Frank Herbert wrote about its being banned.
I don' think you'll ever be able to ban something that makes money.