So it's Ok for me to get a ticket...?

PepeLePiu

Yesterday I had a pax and his companion, they was going to a bar where their friends was already meeting. The girl kept on saying "I wish we could go faster, there is no traffic and we could skip a few stops...".
I kept quiet and kept on driving at my usual pace.
The guy then told me: "Can we go a little faster? our friends are waiting for us..."
I told them that I was already a bit over the speed limit but I will not blew a traffic light or a stop sign. Added that the ride would give me about $ 12.00 bucks and a ticket will cost me in excess of $ 200.00, points on my D.L. higher Ins. premiums and possible deactivation with Uber.
She said again "We are so late, we missing out..."

So the images.jpg whipped boyfriend started to ask again about going faster, he said "The reason I didn't took my car is because I'll be drinking and I don't want a DUI..."

I just look at him and I say: "So is ok for me to get a ticket but not for you...?"

The rest of the ride went really quiet while strangely enough queen was playing "Another one bites the dust" Reported his arse to Uber but I'm sure he will reciprocate the 1* I gave him.

Frontier Guy

Knowing I'm already getting a 1*, my response little boy: Sure, we can speed, let's see the Benji's, $250 to cover the speeding ticket, $300 to cover the insurance increase. Oh, you don't have it, well, guess you're going to be a little late, and I'm not going to get a ticket.

1* for me
1* for him, along with a report to Uber regarding his demands that I engage in illegal activity.

Last edited:

SEAL Team 5

Yesterday I had a pax and his companion, they was going to a bar where their friends was already meeting. The girl kept on saying "I wish we could go faster, there is no traffic and we could skip a few stops...".
I kept quiet and kept on driving at my usual pace.
The guy then told me: "Can we go a little faster? our friends are waiting for us..."
I told them that I was already a bit over the speed limit but I will not blew a traffic light or a stop sign. Added that the ride would give me about $ 12.00 bucks and a ticket will cost me in excess of $ 200.00, points on my D.L. higher Ins. premiums and possible deactivation with Uber.
She said again "We are so late, we missing out..."

So the View attachment 124091 whipped boyfriend started to ask again about going faster, he said "The reason I didn't took my car is because I'll be drinking and I don't want a DUI..."

I just look at him and I say: "So is ok for me to get a ticket but not for you...?"

The rest of the ride went really quiet while strangely enough queen was playing "Another one bites the dust" Reported his arse to Uber but I'm sure he will reciprocate the 1* I gave him.
I would of gone slower and purposely have missed some turns. Sure the ride would have been refunded, but you would have had more then $12 worth of humor.

PepeLePiu

I would have found a place to pull over, offered to cancel the ride, and when he refused, I would have said, "Okay, then we are going to get there going the speed limit."
I did thought about canceling the ride but it was @ 1.5 surge and was getting me closer to where I wanted to be at that time of the night.

nickd8775

I'll speed for someone going to the airport so they don't miss their flight. I won't speed to the bar for someone going to see their friends.

xlr8ed

Sure I'll speed for them. "Credit Card please. I require a $5K deposit to cover the ticket fee, and insurance hike for the next 7 years."

Can't wait for the first person to say yes.

sirius black

I'll speed for someone going to the airport so they don't miss their flight.

Two weeks ago I had a pax ping at 4:50 am. I arrive, and she's going to the Airport. 30 min ride from her location. She gets in and announces, "I'm boarding at 5:30. I'd appreciate it if you could hurry." I turned and showed her the time to destination on the App and said, "Well, they're boarding. You'll still be in security. Even if I go 20 MPH over the speed limit, which I won't, you'll be late." She backed off, and started looking for alternate flights on her phone. I asked if she still wanted to go to the airport at that time, and she said she'd figure it out there. I gave her a few options to look at since I fly from there quite a bit. I rated her a 4 for poor planning. I couldn't bring myself to go lower as she was actually very nice during the ride after reality set in. She either didn't rate me, or 5*, because all my ratings were 5s that week. Anyway, I can appreciate when folks have a meeting or circumstances that make them run behind, but if I can get up very early on a weekend to hustle a few $ after working a 50 hour week, I have little sympathy if you're late because you hit your snooze button 4 times.