So in case you didn't hear, many markets just lost August's 180 Days of Change

Awesomeness101

I still have it in SD. I hope it comes back for everyone. I wonder why they got rid of it.
According to screenshots found on the uber Reddit it's due to the destination filters causing long wait times for customers.

So yeah kind of a bad look and really casts doubt on if we should even take the changes seriously on any level.

chitown73

I still have it in SD. I hope it comes back for everyone. I wonder why they got rid of it.
I guess you should count yourself lucky... I messaged support about the changes back to 2 destination filters and they just copy and pasted the notification from the drivers app. Problem was the notification they replied with was for San Francisco drivers... I live in Chicago.

Last edited:

rubidoux

According to screenshots found on the uber Reddit it's due to the destination filters causing long wait times for customers.

So yeah kind of a bad look and really casts doubt on if we should even take the changes seriously on any level.

I wonder if it's just in really small markets (are there really small markets?). I cant imagine destination filters making it hard to get an uber here. It seems like half the cars on the road here have an uber sticker in the window.

I thought the 6 df's were a pretty awesome new perk. I dont think ive ever used more than two in a day but its nice to not have to conserve them.

Awesomeness101

I wonder if it's just in really small markets (are there really small markets?). I cant imagine destination filters making it hard to get an uber here. It seems like half the cars on the road here have an uber sticker in the window.

I thought the 6 df's were a pretty awesome new perk. I dont think ive ever used more than two in a day but its nice to not have to conserve them.
The three reported are San Fran, Seattle, and Chicago. So actually the big markets

PTUber

upload_2017-9-22_14-23-15.png

Copied this from another thread. Still 6 in my market (Mpls/St Paul).

Jdelacruz129

San Francisco market got hit. But the Modesto market still has 6. So it’s probably in bigger markets this is affecting. Either way I’m pissed smh.

AllGold

What a bunch of @@@@@@@@. At least they could be honest about it.

"Long ETAs are bad for riders and drivers and ultimately impact the number of trips you receive and your earnings."

That's B.S. Sure the DF can be bad for riders and Uber but don't lie and say it's bad for drivers. Of course it impacts the number of trips we receive--that is exactly the point of the DF.

tomatopaste

View attachment 160684

Copied this from another thread. Still 6 in my market (Mpls/St Paul).

I translated it:

We recently introduced 6 driver destinations because too many drivers were switching over to Lyft once they had used up their 2 Uber DF's. We have to be honest, we thought Uber drivers were dumber than they actually are. Too many figured out taking hipsters around the block to Walmart for 3 bucks is a waste of time.

The truth is we thought this might happen but there are only so many things we can do to try to appease drivers without raising fares. To ensure we don't lose more than three billion dollars this year we are going back to 2 destination filters so you have no choice but to pick up hipsters going to Walmart or quit. We understand that this impacts you and your driver experience but to be honest, we don't give a shit. There are plenty of suckers willing to take your place.

Last edited:

tomatopaste

Why don't they just compromise and make it 3 or 4 per day?

One, three, six, it really doesn't address the problem. Abusing drivers by forcing them to accept a 3 dollar fare. There are only two solutions. 1. As contractors tell us what the job is and allow us to decide if we want to accept the job at the price Uber and the pax is willing to pay. 2. Increase minimum fare so it's profitable to take short rides.

DiceyDan

6 still in kc, HOWEVER, they give you 6-8 short rides back to your destination anyway so there isn't any difference. I only use them in the morning and after that I forget I even have it bc it is worthless in my market.