So I guess I was wrong

RaleighNick

I expected something different from Lyft hourly guarantees. I don't know why.
I worked 3 hours on Saturday that had $25/hr guarantees. One had someone go from Raleigh to Durham, only to exit 40 and realize they had to go back to Raleigh (nice ride). So I knew I wasn't getting any extra there, but the next hour I had 2 min rides and nothing else. I'm like great, that should be a free $17 minus the Lyft fees. Nope, turns out Lyft puts all same $ amount guarantees together and then sees if you made over that. So I made over $75 for three hours, but one of them was only $8, and another was like $50. So I get nothing.
I'm sure this is in their fine print or whatever, but it's pretty misleading. They didn't put together the $15/hr and $18/hr from earlier in the week, so why this one?

Uber Roanoke Robert

Its the way its always worked. That way if you only get 1 trip in an hour and 3 the next its all good. Friday/Sat I got just under $200 extra. Didn't pay much attention, just drove with Uber off

In addition I got the $65 bonus first time ever. Technically I'm part time and just drive around my work schedule.

surlywynch

I think the answer to this is to turn off Lyft for a random hour or two in the middle of the promotion hours. Then they only group your consecutive hours together.

Uber Roanoke Robert

If the period is, for example, 1-9pm and we turn it off 3-5, they'll still group 1-3 and 6-9 together because they are in the same guarantee period.

surlywynch

You've probably got more experience than me with Lyft promos. I only started with them in July, and my acceptance rates last week was something like 43%. I only tried it once a few weeks ago. Got a long ride to Durham, and that put the whole time period above the threshold.

Bill Wirth

Hey is doing lyft in Durham and chapel hill ok? I let my lyft documents expire because it just wasn't profitable . Has it improved?

Disgusted Driver

I don't think that's how the lyft guarantees work at all. You have to make the 2 rides each hour, 3 and 1 doesn't work. Then they take all the hours with the same guarantee and lump together, so if you had 3 hours of 25 dollar guarantee and earned 8, 8 and 50, they will top off 9 bucks then take their cut. This is why I don't do lyft from 1:50 to 3am, I switch over to uber because I'll beat the guarantee and don't want to give that back towards the other hours.
The other thing I'll do is if I get a big ride at the top of the hour, say I get a$20 ride in the first 20 minutes, I'll stop and switch to uber, the hour didn't qualify so the fare doesn't count towards my guarantee. read the titles carefully, occasionally you can make out. Of course if you have your 2 rides and its 50 minutes after the hour, go offline till the top of the next hour, you are working for them if you get a third ride.

Yes, the 2am-3am hour is especially nice if you hit a $30+ fare at the top of the hour. Then just go Uber only for the rest of the hour.