• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

So I finally asked a regular why they never tip...

TPAMB

I’ve picked this pax up 4x previously, luxury ride, never tips. Picked him and some friends celebrating a birthday. All were inebriated so I thought, what the hell. He said and I quote, “it’s because I’m a piece of shit.” OK, I said, so you know to tip you just don’t. I told him this was our 5th trip and he quickly tipped me 25%. I asked what about the other rides? He said he would never not tip again. Dropped them off at the destination and bid them all an enjoyable celebration. 4 hours later I get a request again from him. Drop them off at his home and he again tips.
I feel better. Does he?

SHalester

not a convo I'd start for sure. Then again I think I've had a grand total of 2 rematches and all during the day. Maybe if they were altered....... 🙃

Mkang14

It worked once, but I suggest you dont try that again. If I was a customer (anywhere) and someone asked about a tip, I'd think greedy ass @@@@.

Okay the above word that is @ is not what you think it is. Starts with a m. I'm surprised its blocked lol

TheDevilisaParttimer

It worked once, but I suggest you dont try that again. If I was a customer (anywhere) and someone asked about a tip, I'd think greedy ass @@@@.

Okay the above word that is @ is not what you think it is. Starts with a m. I'm surprised its blocked lol
@@@@? Yep and that’s a dumb one to block

sheonlydrivesdays

I’ve picked this pax up 4x previously, luxury ride, never tips. Picked him and some friends celebrating a birthday. All were inebriated so I thought, what the hell. He said and I quote, “it’s because I’m a piece of shit.” OK, I said, so you know to tip you just don’t. I told him this was our 5th trip and he quickly tipped me 25%. I asked what about the other rides? He said he would never not tip again. Dropped them off at the destination and bid them all an enjoyable celebration. 4 hours later I get a request again from him. Drop them off at his home and he again tips.
I feel better. Does he?
You found the right time/place/situation to point out an injustice and put a rider in his place. We are taxi drivers and that has always been a tipped profession. The founding CEO made a profound mistake to proactively and aggressively tell riders not to tip.

Thank you for questioning this particular rider. Keep up the good work. We should all do the same. Great story!

RideshareUSA

I feel better. Does he?
I only wish the majority of drivers had your backbone!

Mkang14

Why? Especially when tipping is appropriate etiquette. I commend the OP for standing up for us all.
It's something inside of me. I just know when people start asking things from me as if they are owed, I shut down. I start thinking greedy and get uncomfortable.

I am a little different because I always tip. But if a tip is requested from me beforehand, me no likey.

Mkang14

Last edited: