So how long does it take Mears to get back to you?

Batch

Yes, after reading some of the threads around here, I decided to try and get in with Mears. Put in an application a week and a half ago, and so far, no request for an interview ... but also no postcard of death. So how long does it take Mears, these days, to set up an interview?

Bob Reynolds

Yes, after reading some of the threads around here, I decided to try and get in with Mears. Put in an application a week and a half ago, and so far, no request for an interview ... but also no postcard of death. So how long does it take Mears, these days, to set up an interview?
Usually they get back with you in a day or two. It should not take 10 days.

By the way, they have opened the luxury car division up for applications again.

Bob Reynolds

Just go in person and speak to them.
When you go, dress to look the part. It doesn't take a 3 piece suit, but show up in clean and well fitting clothes that you might wear on the job. Mears is big on grooming so make sure everything looks neat and tidy. (haircut, no razor stubble, etc) They even have a poster in the cashier lobby showing the standards.

Mears is pretty good at giving you a chance if you make the effort. You still must pass the background check and the driving record check.

Batch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should not have failed the background check, as I don't really have anything in my background to fail.

Stopped by today to check in with them, and they asked me to check back again tomorrow, so we'll see. Still vaguely hopeful.

Mars Troll Number 4

I thought Mears makes you pay for the background check and piss test after the face-to-face interview?
There's a questionnaire type thing in the application, if you answer the questions wrong you fail. It actually catches and disqualifies far more people with bad driving records than the actual background check.

Lou W

There's a questionnaire type thing in the application, if you answer the questions wrong you fail. It actually catches and disqualifies far more people with bad driving records than the actual background check.
Do they screen for pot smokers? That would rule out about 90% of the population I think.

UberIsAScam

Mears is big on grooming so make sure everything looks neat and tidy. (haircut, no razor stubble, etc) They even have a poster in the cashier lobby showing the standards.
It's sad that it requires a poster to show people how to dress like a respectable human being. Haircut, no razor stubble? That's common sense. If someone has to be told to shave and cut their hair, I really feel sorry for the person that has to ride in their car.

Mickeym88

That is applicant for this job. Mears has a giant mirror as you check out your car that a sign asking "would you tip this driver" many uber drivers should look at a mirror well

Batch

Well, Mears turned me down, so now I guess I have to either go for Uber/Lyft, pizza delivery, both, or one of the other Orlando cab companies. Sigh.

Batch

So who would you all suggest as the best non-Mears cab company to work for in Orlando?

Mickeym88

I wouldn't. #2 is a sophies choice tie between ace metro and diamond. It's like mears is a McDonald's and the others are a roller hot dog at a 7/11 and an egg salad sandwich bought from a condom dispenser in a truck stop. If your going to drive a taxi find out why mears turned you down.