So, how are you doing in Little Rock?

Seaweed1905

I am Ali and new to Uber. Just renewed my license so had to send a copy of my old one for verification, ready to start driving. I've never driven professionally before and everything I have found here is appreciated and informative. I am also open to any and all advice.

Avoid late night.

ChefAngie

First weekend Uber Driving. I guess I'd call it a success... $50 for my first big Sat night. I'm still trying to figure this out, but it fits my scheduling needs til my regular job picks back up. I don't see how anyone could do this full time exclusively, but I hope for a good xtra cash flow. I found success re-hitting River Market, taking the drunks home tonight from 11-3 am.

Advice?? Welcomes?? :smiles:

Larry-AMS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First weekend Uber Driving. I guess I'd call it a success... $50 for my first big Sat night. I'm still trying to figure this out, but it fits my scheduling needs til my regular job picks back up. I don't see how anyone could do this full time exclusively, but I hope for a good xtra cash flow. I found success re-hitting River Market, taking the drunks home tonight from 11-3 am.

Yep, we all feel the same pain of 4 rates cuts in 6 months...not much meat left on the bone. Many have quit for now. Many are frustrated with rider attitudes and rudeness.

I certainly don't see how anyone can do only this for a full time job and make enough to justify the pain.

Success for each driver is a little different, but similar. You just have to find the best times for you, your starting point, and your willingness to sit, and not deadhead any more miles on your vehicle, between pings.

Hey, what's up with the new look to the Drivers app, some have and some do not. Is it selective or just randomly changing. I know drivers with the same iPhone and same iOS, that have the new look, but mine has remained the same. Even when we both downloaded the new version of the app on the same day. puzzling.

ato72543

Welcome to the club. Hope you stay around awhile. Yeah I really do not see how it could be full-time for people either. Back before the rate cuts you could treat it like a full time gig because we were making $$$ but now NOPE! Yeah you will find out slowly but surely how evil and unethical Uber is and what they do and how they go about it. My advice is stick to downtown, airport, and midtown. And if you are out on fri/sat nights be sure to get that surge pricing. I go offline and wait for the surge then go back online to get rides. Just like Larry said if you do not go out to the middle of nowhere to drop of pax then you have to wait wherever you were for another ping. Cant afford deadhead miles anymore.

Larry- yeah I am on iPhone as well and mine is the updated version, but everything else is the same which I like anyways.

skippy760

Hi there. Just started this weekend and love it!!! Made $324 fri-sun for about $35 in gas. Any recommendations on car detailing or anything I can do to get tips? I have only had 5 tips out of the 45 runs I have made

Larry-AMS

45 runs must have been 30+ hours...right. So you averaged $7.20 per ride and $10.70 per hour. Be sure to set aside $60 of that in a separate account to pay the IRS!

James3490

I started today- while killing some time in LR. I made a little over $20, but I suppose that's not too bad for only 4 passengers. Does anyone know if there are any Uber passengers in Conway or is it just the LR area? Everyone I picked up seemed friendly enough. I'm off work tomorrow- so I think I may actually go out and see what I can do for a few hours.

Reading earlier statements about Ubers prices being low- has it come back up any or is it still low? And by the way thanks for the advice that's been given out.

Larry-AMS

First of all...Welcome! Have fun and be safe.

Conway always has a few riders that are looking for rides, I have gotten lucky a few times that I have taken someone TO Conway, I wait a few minutes, and get a rider BACK to Little Rock, so the return trip is not DEAD MILES..Hot Springs the same way, except that riders are usually LOCAL only.

Sure, everyone's friendly, they are getting something for NOTHING from you! As for the rates, no one really knows for sure, but my guess is they will never go back up!

Remember, Have fun and be safe...while you tire out your body and rag out your vehicle, all for Travis Kalanick's benefit.

I started today- while killing some time in LR. I made a little over $20, but I suppose that's not too bad for only 4 passengers. Does anyone know if there are any Uber passengers in Conway or is it just the LR area? Everyone I picked up seemed friendly enough. I'm off work tomorrow- so I think I may actually go out and see what I can do for a few hours.

Reading earlier statements about Ubers prices being low- has it come back up any or is it still low? And by the way thanks for the advice that's been given out.

Larry-AMS

I don't like driving for Uber! The money is minimal, but I still have no other option that allows me to make money between my two other jobs. The money is easy to start and quick to arrive; any other venture would likely require an investment and/or a slow roll out. I average only $5.70 per ride (30 day average) or $9.50 per hour for the time that I spend online. Surely I can find some other way to make money. Retail is paying $12-$15...Hey ladies, want a hot oil massage! I am spending 30 to 40 hours per week in the car, getting tired and frustrated.

Cjuber

I don't understand how people are making so little??? I worked three nights about 6 hours each night and the estimate payout is 521.67 so 390 ish after taxes and like 350 after gas. If I have troubles finding a fare, I hop on 630 and cruze to the other side of town and usually withing 3 or 4 miles I get a ping. I sometimes sit at home in Conway and make 40 or 50 a day easy. But it's not worth it after my last $200 night.

Larry-AMS

I am interested in how you can make this much in so little time! Can we meet and you show me your payment statements; I'll show you mine, too, I have been driving for over a year, tried several methods, learned a few tricks and made a few mistakes, yet have only made that much with 50+ rides on a Special Event Weekend..like the last Razorback football game. Please, help us to understand how a newbie has this all figured out, and we don't.

This has been my best weekend since the first of the year, not counting the NYE pay period with all those ridiculous surges. I got nothing to hide, I don't cull any request, I try to get into surge areas, I study the heat map and try different areas at various times of each night. I know we are all competing with each other, but if we ever want to have a say in our future incomes with Uber, we must be honest with ourselves and each other. I feel that 70 cents a mile is shameful for a superior product. Uber is lying to us about their numbers and the rates.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cjuber

Yes I would not mind meeting up. Maybe even tomorrow before the st paddys day festivities? I'll be in town from 4pm to 4 am. Honestly the key is not just sitting around waiting for the next fare. Find it! If I don't get a ride right away I usually hop on 630 and make my way across town. I go further than 8 min to pick a customer up. I take any fare I can get because you never know how far they're going. Pick two guys up at visions while I was in cammak village (long drive to pick up I know) but they went all the way to bryant. A 28 dollar fare! It's very easy to make the money if the motivation is there

Cjuber

After looking over your hours it seems your timing is poor. Thursday Friday Saturday 5pm to 4am is when you wanna work to get 22/hr+. I work 5 to 8 then take a break at a buddies for 2 hours and then work until I run out of gas. Usually by 2 or 3. Looking back at my statements I was mistaken. I made 521 in 25 hours. But about 5 of those hours were sitting at home in Conway waiting on possible fares. I'm not sure how to get to the detailed breakdown of all my fares but this was my best night. 180 dollars in 8ish hours.

Attachments

Last edited:

ato72543

Well I got really excited when fares went back to normal in Fayetteville yesterday. Only issue I see with our fares possibly going back is the fact that they stopped the hourly guarantees (which were total BS anyways, remember its UBER) and they said demand is way up there for Little Rock. That tells me oh hey you do not need to worry about the fares because demand is so high. Only time will tell, but I am not holding my breath waiting for the fares to go back.

Jannabme

Quick question: I haven't been on the road since August 2015, but I was planning to start back. Do we still need TNC permits? I noticed mine expired in Dec, but I can't find any info and it doesn't seem to be a doc on our accounts anymore. Thanks!