So, how are you doing in Little Rock?

Larry-AMS

We finally have enough drivers checking in to these forums that the Admin has given us our own forum so we can relate to our own issues. Thanks for posting. Let is know how well, or bad, you are doing on the road. What are some highs and lows of your trips? We all need to be reporting some of our bad riders so Uber will get rid of them. You know who they are, the ones that are nasty, smelly, vulgar, and just plain gross. Don't put up with it, report them. Tell us about your day, your trips, etc. Welcome

ato72543

Hey Little Rock, just signed up. The Hogs game was my first day, not bad made 100 in 4 hours. Probably should have stayed out late and made more, but man was I tired that day. So is this the official forum for Uber LR? I have questions like when is the best time to go out. I went out this weekend on Fri/Sat nite and made 100 each night except it was real late like 10 pm to 3am. Do we REALLY have to get a safety inspection within 90 days? I am trying to get another vehicle registered and the registration goes though fine, but insurace keeps saying missing name verification, anyone know what is going on with that? Well hope to see yall on the road.

Thanks.

JGUber

Welcome Ato72543. I started the same day you did. It seems like the experienced LR people are kinda quiet. But I look forward to any responses you get. I have my safety inspection scheduled for tomorrow morning. Not usre if it really is required or not, but I am just gonna do it and be done with it.

See you out there-

JGUber

Inspection complete. Did mine at Christian Brothers Automotive (West). $15 plus tax. Took about 30-45 minutes.

ato72543

Cool. Good to Know. I will get on that ASAP since it is just 15 dollars. Also did you print out the form to give to them, or do they their own to print and give?
Thanks.

JGUber

I brought my own. I did ask about that and the guy said they don't have any there so you definitely should bring a copy with you.

Larry-AMS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, the Razorback game weekend was special...made $600 plus $125 in tips, drove Friday night tip 5am, them Saturday 9am until Sunday 6am...ping after ping after ping, never had any downtime. I knew the right roads to take and not to take, I got everyone where they wanted to go, quickly, without much delay. Handed out water bottles, hand-wipes, and wintergreen mints...

However, weekends are not always the only time to make money. I work until 9pm weeknights, so can only get out after that, but I turn on during the morning hours and deliver shoppers, workers and out-of-towners to their lunch dates...all before going to my maintenance job. I can make as much on the weekdays combined as I make on the the weekends, when the frustration is higher dealing with the drunks and stupid asses.

Having major issues with the network right now, see my post in the Technical Forum about NOT upgrading an iPhone to iOS 9.x...I am struggling to stay online and active so I'm missing half the pings right now...thus my revenue is cut in half for the last two weeks. Apple can fix and Uber can't ...anything!

Look out for Drivers who are drinking on the job. I have taken video of one in RiverMarket but have not sent it to Uber. This behavior is irresponsible and stupid! I also watched the doorman at The Fountain bring a beer out to a Driver sitting on the bench on the sidewalk, watched him down it, then take a ping, hop back into his car and drive the riders away. Recorded his license number but thinking there is little that can be done except prepare for the news when he gets caught or worse.

Uber on!

ato72543

Yeah Larry please report those drivers ASAP. Stupid shit like that not only makes us look bad, but the city as a whole which will get Uber out of here and we would all be @@@@ed. Yeah turn that in to Uber ASAP please.

steven72205

Larry,
I updated to ios 9 and haven't had any issue's. might should try uninstall/reinstall of app and if that fails to help a hard reset of phone would be next step.

Drinking on job isn't cool, but you cant be a snitch. The rating system should weed them out.

ato72543

I am on iPhone 6 and is anyone else having problems showing up on the rider app? I am online with my driver app but I do not show up through rider app. I missed calls at the airport last night cause of this. I keep having to restart my phone to do this.
Thanks.

Cjuber

I havemt had much luck yet myself. Made 85 in 8 hours on the night before halloween. Took me until 12 to find union station and white water tavern were hot spots of the evening. I defiantly need some advice as to increasing my fares. I tend to stick around the river market and cantrell area but i often stray out. What is general procedure for airport pickups? I imagine alot of business comes from there but i dont know where is an appropriate spot to wait. Im open to any and all advice

alig

I am Ali and new to Uber. Just renewed my license so had to send a copy of my old one for verification, ready to start driving. I've never driven professionally before and everything I have found here is appreciated and informative. I am also open to any and all advice.

ato72543

I am Ali and new to Uber. Just renewed my license so had to send a copy of my old one for verification, ready to start driving. I've never driven professionally before and everything I have found here is appreciated and informative. I am also open to any and all advice.
Welcome to the club! Hope you stay around awhile! My advice is to hang around the airport or downtown and west little rock. All of your customers will be there most of the time. Want to make more money? Stay out late well into the night, you may get annoying drunks but sometimes they tip well and you are getting them home safely!
Good Luck out there and message me for anything.

Thanks.

Larry-AMS

Good Luck, Ali G. I wish you well. Females seem to do better than males dealing with rude riders and drunks. If you know how to handle yourself with them, you will do well. Hope you can handle the smell of smoke and stall beer. I know two other females that make more than I do, working about the same hours, but at different times that work with their schedules. If you would like to get together to discuss anything in person, please ask. I tried to start a weekly parking lot meeting when the weather was better, but no one ever showed, even I didn't show a couple times, but no said they missed me, so I guess there is no interest.

Larry-AMS

Hey, cool it dude...she looks a lots better that you do! LOL

Ok, sorry about that. I glossed over your post and missed the question. The airport is a blacked out zone with rules of first in, first out. Go to the Cell Phone Lot on East Roosevelt on the south side of the airport property, when you are not 4th or 5th in line. You can also read past weekly partner newsletters and get the whole skinny. It is helpful to check for arrivals at LIT to know when and when not to be there.

You cannot increase your fares, it is all luck in being in the right place at the right time. You have to find what locations and times are best for you. No one can tell you this; you have to learn this on your own. My best suggestion is to limit your 'dead' miles, and find something you can do in your car that will entertain you, educate your mind, or make you money or further another business.

Send a request to [email protected] to request a few past Partner Weekly Issues for info on the Airport...

Hope this help!

sterlzuberz

Hey! I just joined. I've been approved. I haven't started driving yet. Someone sum up how insurance works... Does my personal insurance cover passengers if there's an accident? I feel like I'm walking into a stupid lawsuit

Cjuber

Thank you larry! That was very helpful. I went to the airport but not lnowing what i was doing i just did a lap and left. What towns do you usuaully wait in to get those longer fares? Ive noticed lrafb is a good spot for good fares. Aoilders from all over the us go there and need rides to bars and what not. On top of that theure always veey courteous and respectful so theyre great customers however the trouble of getting in is almost not worth it sometime.