1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

So do dmv points affect tlc points?

Discussion in 'New York City' started by Vishnu643, Jan 11, 2019 at 1:44 PM.

Tags:
  1. Vishnu643

Vishnu643

Driving:
    UberX
    Apparently, even though I paid dmv for a red light ticket, tlc may issue me a point infraction (and $300) on my tlc. Can anyone possibly inform me how the points works between dmv and tlc?

2. Vivobot

Vivobot

Someone here posted a while back that this double fining has been postponed for 6 months. Not sure if it is true.

3. red light ticket is camera or officer issue?

4. Vishnu643

Vishnu643

Driving:
    UberX
    Camera

You got a link to that thread?

5. Lenny_yellow_cab

Lenny_yellow_cab

Driving:
    UberX
    When did u get that red light camera ticket?

6. Vishnu643

Vishnu643

Driving:
    UberX
    04/18

7. Lenny_yellow_cab

Lenny_yellow_cab

Driving:
    UberX
    Unfortunately u fall under the time where the TLC were double ticketing drivers that were being caught by a red light camera.

Bluefox30 likes this.
  8. Some drivers get red light camera tickets and the TLC doesn’t find them, you might get lucky

9. Zubera

Zubera

It's not about being lucky I think. You have to be on trip with pax that time. Otherwise TLC wouldn't have an evidence that the driver was you. You can say that you were not driving at that time and it was someone else who has no TLC license and TLC couldn't be able to issue points and summons. If you were on trip with pax then TLC would have that information and they assume it was you because no one else can work with your car and uber account legally.

10. Ahh now I see, cause I know a lot of yellow cab drivers who get tons of red light and school speeding camera tickets and they just pay it with no worries, some yellow cab drivers however will get these tickets with no passenger and still get double fined, it’s weird, also I know a lot of drivers who drive uber under someone else’s name with their car, they just give them a little extra money under the table and they good lol

11. Vishnu643

Vishnu643

Driving:
    UberX
    Unfortunately I don't know anyone to give money under the table to

12. Vivobot

Vivobot

How someone can drive with someone's else account? How could they change the picture? Uber and lyft check picture with driver license's picture to make sure it is the person who has assigned the account actually the driver. Also you can't just fake TLC license, you cant uber and lyft automatically check the validation of the TLC license by computer program.
    Corruption does exist but it is farfetched that uber and lyft will involve in corruption to let someone else's account to be used by other. If 10 not then 1 picky passenger will report that they were picked up by a driver who did not match the picture on the account. #conspiracycon #cconfalachi

13. Lol trust me it happens a lot, sometimes people’s license gets suspended but they still wanna work, and I’ve been in plenty of Uber’s where the face didn’t match, how do I know if that’s just a picture from years ago, people’s face can change a lot over time

14. Have you looked at most drivers. Its the same exact dude over and over....:D

Im sure i could find a guy that look sorta like me and have him work my car. Not that i would but its very possible.

Remember PAX dont really check....and if you drive careful the chances pf getting pulled over are slim. Just avoid the city.

Where theres a will theres a way. Remember a small portion of newbies dont gaf bout this gig and are willing to scheme as long as they can get away with it. Whats the worst that could happen? They lose their TLC license and Uber job. Big deal:rolleyes: alot of drivers dont care.

Shyt cant wait to see what im gona do when Im absolutely ready to leave this gig. Gona be scheme city....:D

DeadIndustry83 likes this.
  15. Faaacts!!!!

16. Vishnu643

Vishnu643

Driving:
    UberX
    Apparently doesn't work for young black people. Had one dude said I was the first nonimmigrant driver he's ever seen.