So close - yet so far :(

vegas7sam

After ride 27 of my 30 my low tire pressure indicator went off. Stopped by house to grab a bite and then went down to car to drive to tire shop (figuring slow leak). Nope - totally flat. Pulled out sealant and air compressor - and the fluid started coming out of the sidewalls - so tire is shot, can't get somebody in till tomorrow (unless I convince complex it's an emergency - but will prob have to get it towed anyway) and I'm 3 away from the bonus. Today sux!

Bigdog702

I don't think he has a spare due to the fact that he pulled out the tube of sealant and air compressor. New cars now a days don't come with a spare any more it seems like to cut costs. Sure they will add it as an option for like 300.00 ( That was the cost at Hyundai when I bought my car) They call it a spare tire kit with cheap jack and spare tire and cheesy lug wrench. I picked up a decent full size tire and scissor jack that will work at junkyard for about 30 bucks, and a 4-way lug from walmart for like 7 bucks, and your good to go. Remove the sealant and air compressor and fancy foam holder that fills your spare tire wheel well, and replace with good spare, jack, lug wrench, and away you go. Feel bad he missed the promo, the dealers never tell you about the spare tire unless you ask, pretty shady overall. Their excuse is " You have free roadside assistance for 5 years, who needs a spare tire?" yea right!

vegaspoker

and the fluid started coming out of the sidewalls - so tire is shot, can't get somebody in till tomorrow (unless I convince complex it's an emergency - but will prob have to get it towed anyway) and I'm 3 away from the bonus. Today sux!
Their are several 24/7 shops in town I used bees on spring mountain was like $20 for used tire but was only down for about hour.

LV-Reni

After ride 27 of my 30 my low tire pressure indicator went off. Stopped by house to grab a bite and then went down to car to drive to tire shop (figuring slow leak). Nope - totally flat. Pulled out sealant and air compressor - and the fluid started coming out of the sidewalls - so tire is shot, can't get somebody in till tomorrow (unless I convince complex it's an emergency - but will prob have to get it towed anyway) and I'm 3 away from the bonus. Today sux!
Take the tire off and Uber to a shop and have them throw on a new one. You have to be able to find somewhere that's open!

vegas7sam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all the advice - tire is under warranty and I can get a new one tomorrow. - no point in running around all night to buy a jack and switch the tire out - spending $100 to make $75. Guess I'll just rest up for my 100 next week!