1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

So close and yet so far......

Discussion in 'Dallas' started by AFL2015, Sep 7, 2015.

1. I picked up a guy at Fujitsu in Richardson and took him to DFW which is nice ride - pick up 2 miles from home and I can net around $25.

The guy is getting out of the truck and I end the ride. At almost the same moment he looks at me and says "I forgot my luggage at the hotel - can u take me back?" I said only if you request the ride and I get the ping (I'm not taking the risk of an off the books ride). He requests the ride while sitting in my truck but it went to someone else due to the FIFO at DFW.

So at the end of the day the next guy got a DFW/Richardson round trip and about $50 bucks in his pocket....

Dammit.... so close - coulda made $75 bucks off one guy, or not.....

Liz_C likes this.
  2. UberXTampa

UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    Start driving the dude and ask him to cancel and re-request until you get matched.
    After trip completes, inform him that you will ask fare correction from uber.

Bart McCoy likes this.
  3. You should of gone off property and than have him request

Liz_C likes this.
  4. billy2800

billy2800

you should not let a good fare like that get away
    that was money in your pocket

Liz_C and docswife like this.
  5. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON

Driving:
    UberX
    the only bad thing is he get a chance to rate you two times that good if it a good ride if not that bad

Liz_C likes this.
  6. aaadock

aaadock

Driving:
    UberX
    Forgot his luggage ?...

7. Yes - how do you do that......

8. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol I'm going to assume he forgot 1 piece of his luggage, not his complete luggage, right? I mean you're going to an airport

But I guess you drove 30 miles just to make that $25?smh

9. XUberMike

XUberMike

Driving:
    UberX
    I always ask...do you have all you bags? Tickets? Passports? Identification?
    Oh and of course cash for my tip?

As others said, Get them in the car, start driving find a quiet street and request. It's obvious if the guy was a douch bag you would not want another trip with him.

10. Did he offer you cash? If so, always take the cash. F uber.

11. UberXTampa

UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    I once had a pax forget his bags at the airport and he remembered just as we entered his street!
    Whenever I pick up somebody from the airport, I ask them if they have all their bags and when they think I am stupid for that question, i explain with this story.