So, About Our Cubbies

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Our lads are all playing hurt. Admittedly, I can't watch every game. But saw a bit of today's match against the Cards. Late in the 8th Baez jammed his glove hand diving for a ball. The camera briefly showed him ripping his glove off and his hand was all taped up.

I don't think glove maestros do this. Tape up to prevent injury, unlike football, wrestlers and hoopers that tape to strengthen joints. These kids are all banged up and fighting through it. Last year was joyous and fun. This year, they're earning their Warrior Badges. RESPECT!

jasonpeoria911

Baez is a warrior, some of the others, not so much. Mostly not their decision though, these players are getting paid too much, coach doesn't want to risk long term injury, so they treat the high priced players with kid gloves. Gone are the days of Cal Ripken and the old timers sludging thru everyday without taking a game off unless they can't walk.

WestBurbsMac

That crazed look in Lackey's eyes as he charged to home was quite the warrior. Last I checked, the ump didn't lose his composure and hang a curve ball on the next pitch that got piped to right center.

Last edited:

SEAL Team 5

You guys better win the next two against the Cards and any games remaining against Milwaukee. It'll help lock my D-Backs into the playoffs. Thank you in advance.
My D-Backs had nearly 100 loses last year. This is so unexpected for us.

Mad Medic

Our lads are all playing hurt. Admittedly, I can't watch every game. But saw a bit of today's match against the Cards. Late in the 8th Baez jammed his glove hand diving for a ball. The camera briefly showed him ripping his glove off and his hand was all taped up.

I don't think glove maestros do this. Tape up to prevent injury, unlike football, wrestlers and hoopers that tape to strengthen joints. These kids are all banged up and fighting through it. Last year was joyous and fun. This year, they're earning their Warrior Badges. RESPECT!
It's baseball. Blackhawks won multiple Cups playing with broken bones, missing teeth, torn mcl, etc.

Baseball! There's no crying in baseball.

Just teasing. I'm a Sox fan but your Cubbies were a joy to watch the last two seasons. Theo did a great job building your team. They'll be good for a while.

Just get to the playoffs and anything can happen, although it's always hard to repeat, let alone all banged up.

pizza guy

It's baseball. Blackhawks won multiple Cups playing with broken bones, missing teeth, torn mcl, etc.

Just teasing. I'm a Sox fan but your Cubbies were a joy to watch the last two seasons. Theo did a great job building your team. They'll be good for a while.

Just get to the playoffs and anything can happen, although it's always hard to repeat, let alone all banged up.
The world must be ending, Cubs fans and Sox fans are cheering each others teams. With Hawk leaving I may actually be able to enjoy watching some of your rising stars. Hopefully we a few years we can have a cross town World Series, just a long as the Cubs win.

NoPooPool

The world must be ending, Cubs fans and Sox fans are cheering each others teams. With Hawk leaving I may actually be able to enjoy watching some of your rising stars. Hopefully we a few years we can have a cross town World Series, just a long as the Cubs win.
Pizza Guy, great post. Yah, there must be something in the water.

Mad, I love how you think. Good post, man.

That crazed look in Lackey's eyes as he charged to home was quite the warrior. Last I checked, the ump didn't lose his composure and hang a curve ball on the next pitch that got piped to right center.
Lackey is somewhat of a db, but he is a bulldog and a warrior. Hey, prior to the RBI hit he gave up, he did have the previous batter struck out, only to have the blue, miss it for whatever reason, SMH. Lackey had a legit beef.

So, About Our Cubbies, all I can say is Albert Almora Jr. That kid needs to be in the lineup. Drove in first run today to start the scoring, 1-0 Cubbies. Also drove in the Cubs third run to put the Cubs up 3-0 as I hunt and peck. Almora Jr. has been on fire. That kid can play!

Almora Jr. with another hit, 3-4 on the day.

Mad Medic

Hawk made it hard even for us. Next season schedule already done by mlb has cubs/ sox actually playing 3 game series instead of those 2 gamers. That should prove fun

NoPooPool

Cubs suck
Oh, right. Yep, they suck!

Pizza Guy, I feel you on the "with the Hawk leaving", I also may be able to watch the ChiSox young rising stars. Cannot stomach Hawkeroo. Stretch, Stretch, you can put it on the board, NO!

Last edited:

Greenghost2212

Im the same bro im a Sox fan but it's been kinda unexpected and fun seeing the Cubs @@@@ up teams that was way above them years ago.

moviefreak666

Huge Cubs fan here since 2002. I LOVE seeing my team keep winning and grinding to make it to the playoffs, we need one more win today to sweep the birds. Let's do this! It' all about the Bears today too. Gotta love Chicago sports, except the Sox of course lol jk. Nah, I was rooting for them in the 05 World Series, but yeah good thing leaving. No one like that dude.

NoPooPool

Huge Cubs fan here since 2002. I LOVE seeing my team keep winning and grinding to make it to the playoffs, we need one more win today to sweep the birds. Let's do this! It' all about the Bears today too. Gotta love Chicago sports, except the Sox of course lol jk. Nah, I was rooting for them in the 05 World Series, but yeah good thing leaving. No one like that dude.
I'm with you Freak. I am a lifelong Cub fan. I also pulled for the Sox in '05. I will admit, I was envious it was not my Cubs, but I am such a huge baseball fan, and Chicago professional sports teams fan, I thought it was so cool to have a World Series Champion by ANY baseball team from Chicago in my lifetime. Not to brag, but I have a few years on you as being a Cubs fan. I have had my heart broken over the years, ever since 1969. '84, '98, '04 and I have followed the Cubs religiously, ever since I could understand the great game of baseball. That would for me be about 1963 or 1964. 2016 was so sweet and so surreal. I was in Cleveland for game 7. It did not sink in for me until I was taking my first Uber ride to my hotel at 3:45 am in the wee hours after that game. It made a lot of grown men, very manly men cry. I think I am somewhat manly, and I had a faucet of tears a few times in the following days after hell freezing over.

moviefreak666

I'm with you Freak. I am a lifelong Cub fan. I also pulled for the Sox in '05. I will admit, I was envious it was not my Cubs, but I am such a huge baseball fan, and Chicago professional sports teams fan, I thought it was so cool to have a World Series Champion by ANY baseball team from Chicago in my lifetime. Not to brag, but I have a few years on you as being a Cubs fan. I have had my heart broken over the years, ever since 1969. '84, '98, '04 and I have followed the Cubs religiously, ever since I could understand the great game of baseball. That would for me be about 1963 or 1964. 2016 was so sweet and so surreal. I was in Cleveland for game 7. It did not sink in for me until I was taking my first Uber ride to my hotel at 3:45 am in the wee hours after that game. It made a lot of grown men, very manly men cry. I think I am somewhat manly, and I had a faucet of tears a few times in the following days after hell freezing over.

Nice man, I always love meeting fellow Cubs fans because as we all know there are a LOT of bandwagoners nowadays. I hate when I meet other people claiming Cub fans but they don't know Jack crap about the team lol. Im still on cloud nine after we won lol. Im also man enough to admit that I shed some man tears. Did u see Eddie Vedder just jamming outside of Wrigley on Friday? Just him, jamming lol epic.

Maddhouse

A Boston Bruin player in 2013 played throughout the playoffs with a broken collarbone, fracture wrist and something with his spleen was wrong. You play through anything, especially in the playoffs since it's your time to shine. Meanwhile in other sports if you hurt your pinky, you're out of play.

NoPooPool

Sa
Nice man, I always love meeting fellow Cubs fans because as we all know there are a LOT of bandwagoners nowadays. I hate when I meet other people claiming Cub fans but they don't know Jack crap about the team lol. Im still on cloud nine after we won lol. Im also man enough to admit that I shed some man tears. Did u see Eddie Vedder just jamming outside of Wrigley on Friday? Just him, jamming lol epic.
Saw it on Comcast Sports postgame on Saturday. That was effn so cool to see him on Waveland jamming.

WestBurbsMac

I was trying to figure my first game at Wrigley, I think it was 1972. But, yeah, lifelong fan. Circa 1975, I went over the wall for a second to lie on the tarp and retrieve a foul ball that got lodged between the tarp and the wall. Security took my 9-year-old self and threatened to kick me out. I eventually was allowed to return. It was the 70's, my parents let security take me and return me. That would never happen today. :p

The obnoxious crowds, the fashion show, people not paying attention and taking selfies, the blaring commercials and jumbo-trons... just not the same any more.